Back on the List

@Gargravarr IMHO the WR3 looks quite ugly and for the SOTD pics alone I wouldnt go the WR3 :) but in all seriousness I have yet to get along with a SE and according to Errols review I wouldnt go that route but starting to think the WR2 will be the choice for me. I'll have to try out the WR1 to confirm this of course

@Errol I am starting to think the WR2 is for me but we'll see. I really love the look of the OC in WR2 (and WR1) so I re-read your WR2 1.05 OC review and would love to get your thoughts on a few things.

It sounds like the OC teeth on the WR2 didnt have any negative effect on smoothness. Would you say the OC in WR2 is as smooth as the SB and does it change efficiency?

I am thinking of a WR2 1.15 in OC but didnt want to sacrifice on the smoothness the SB version. How would you rate the smoothness and efficiency of the WR2 1.05 OC vs the 1.15SB?

regarding the handle, what are your thoughts on hollow v solid? I have a solid WRH2 on my 1.25 and enjoy the heft but wondering what difference the hollow handle makes in your opinion

sorry about all the questions but really wanna get this one right... atm my pick would be a bronze WR2 1.15 OC but want to ensure I take one step down in efficiency and a step up in smoothness (if that is even possible :p)

I’m pleased I’m not in your position @StratMan everyone has varying opinions on what suits them, and not necessarily what you’re looking for, I’m no different so I’ll just do my best to answer your questions and not throw in too many red herrings. Remember your gut feel is probably the best guide but having a chance now to wield a WR1 thanks to @Holiday will assist, nothing like good solid information. I was at a loss as to why you were looking for an OC WR1 and a SB WR2 but it looks like that thinking has changed. I find Wolfman razors in OC configuration are as smooth as those fitted with an SB plate, barely noticeable and gains in efficiency between the two plates is minimal.
As I said earlier, I cannot identify much change in efficiency between WR2’s 0.95 to 1.15, then throw in OC and SB, of course there will be changes but they are not noteworthy. I like the hollow handle option, in the WRH2 there is almost 30g loss in weight. The handle still feels substantial, there is no visible evidence of a join and it still looks like a Wolfman handle. In bronze, there is no option of a hollow handle, one less decision to make. Ah, all those razers you’ll use in your head.

@Blackie I hear ya mate and if I get a WR1 it will certainly be an OC, if a WR2 I have to invoke the SB :)

@TomG thanks for your info, what gap in WR1 do you have? My skin isnt sensitive but seems not to be as leathery as @Blackie :) so this one is a 50/50.. WR2 is a SB and WR1 an OC

@Errol I love the WR2 and feel the 1.15 is the sweet spot for a daily driver. I can use the 1.25 as a daily driver but in my heart feel the 1.15 WR2 is the one I should go for to sacrifice a touch of efficiency for a lot more comfort... BUT the YMMV aspect is true for sure and I may well actually love the variance the WR1 will provide.. as they say in the NT, you never never know if you never never go and thankfully I have been offered a trial with the WR1 OC .67 from none other than the one from the never never himself @Holiday . once I try the WR1 for myself I should know, even though its a milder blade gap than i would normally go for it should give me a decent feel for the WR1 in OC, and who knows may even love the milder gaqp.. if its not a good experience i'll go the WR2

@SpeedyPC I have no doubt i'll change my mind many times over, but that's half the fun :)

@Gargravarr you would think the choice of OC v SB would be a straight forward one but from what I have heard and read, the OC excels in the WR1 and the SB excels in the SB configuration.. I have also enjoyed a R41 and JAWs in the den but surely a WR1 .67 OC wouldnt feel as 'aggressive' as a WR2 1.55 SB? i feel its a numbers game and config plays a big part.... then there is YMMV..

@Razor Burn if there was ever one thrown from left field this would be it lol I want less efficiency out of a WR2 but def agree on YMMV so the WR1 may even end up the preferred

@Holiday , thanks for your generous offer to trial the razor mate.. much appreciated. One thing is for sure the more you ask the less you know so really appreciate the offer to actually try one for myself as that is really the only way to know
G’day @StratMan. My WR1 SB has the standard 0.61mm blade gap. I find it equally adept for daily shaving as for several days growth. Whilst smooth, I find that its engagement is unrelenting, which is an excellent match for my relatively sensitive skin but steely bristles.

To add more mud to the water, I've just seen this thread on "that other forum": WR1 vs WR2 comparison. The amusing thing is that if I made a similar post there (where as it happens, I'm not a member), I would be promptly banned. So much for the Land of the Free. :rolleyes:

Thanks @Errol and the reason for OC in WR1 and SB in WR2 was a comment i read back when I was choosing my wr2 stating the OC was smooth in the WR1 but not so in the WR2.. now I see this isn't the case but I took the comment as gospel and not many other comments on the wr2 so it just stuck in my head.

I'm so glad I'm getting to try the wr1, if I love it I'm getting it otherwise a wr2 in 1.05 or 1.15 wr2 oc, and the handle option easy either Darwin or wrh2

Can I ask one more thing, I now get efficiency differences between the gaps but what about comfort between the 1.05 to 1.15 to 1.25 how would u describe those? Is there much difference?

Thanks @Errol and the reason for OC in WR1 and SB in WR2 was a comment i read back when I was choosing my wr2 stating the OC was smooth in the WR1 but not so in the WR2.. now I see this isn't the case but I took the comment as gospel and not many other comments on the wr2 so it just stuck in my head.

I'm so glad I'm getting to try the wr1, if I love it I'm getting it otherwise a wr2 in 1.05 or 1.15 wr2 oc, and the handle option easy either Darwin or wrh2

Can I ask one more thing, I now get efficiency differences between the gaps but what about comfort between the 1.05 to 1.15 to 1.25 how would u describe those? Is there much difference?

Very little, if any

To add more mud to the water, I've just seen this thread on "that other forum": WR1 vs WR2 comparison. The amusing thing is that if I made a similar post there (where as it happens, I'm not a member), I would be promptly banned. So much for the Land of the Free. :rolleyes:

Don't think that you would be banned. But I am careful with comparisons as well. Some gentlemen could and should be a lot more easy going if someone dares to say something perceived as bad about some apparently sacred cows/razors/companies.

Don't think that you would be banned. But I am careful with comparisons as well. Some gentlemen could and should be a lot more easy going if someone dares to say something perceived as bad about some apparently sacred cows/razors/companies.
Agreed, but I was referring to the fact that B&B is known to have reacted adversely to anyone having the temerity to make a reference to another forum. We're a bit more easy-going here.

G’day @StratMan. My WR1 SB has the standard 0.61mm blade gap. I find it equally adept for daily shaving as for several days growth. Whilst smooth, I find that its engagement is unrelenting, which is an excellent match for my relatively sensitive skin but steely bristles.

thanks for the input @TomG looking forward to trying that WR1 0.67 OC and if I get along with it i'll have to order the Darwin handle to go with the slim head of the WR1.. if not it will be a WR2 1.15 OC with WRH2 handle... either way seems like winner winner chicken dinner :)