Beard & Blade Chubby Synthetic Shaving Brush

Vittoria

I order This brush from Beard & Blade.
Hoping it will do the job.
As the old one is a bit tired.
Does any one have this brush Normally sells for $64 I payed $57.60 (with the vendor code "thanks P&C")
Cheers
Beardand-Blade-Blue-Chubby-3-720x.jpg

That knot looks a lot like a G7 or something similar. It should lather like a beast. Nice handle too. (y) (y)
I hope so my old one is a horse hairbrush. It’s lost a few too many hairs. I don’t have the money for a badger brush but I’ve heard that the synthetic brushes are just about on par. This one got good reviews on the site. I hope they’re accurate.

I hope so my old one is a horse hairbrush. It’s lost a few too many hairs. I don’t have the money for a badger brush but I’ve heard that the synthetic brushes are just about on par. This one got good reviews on the site. I hope they’re accurate.
You should be happy with this one, it'll create lots and lots of lather, and more importantly, it won't hog it all for itself. Badgers feel lovely on your skin, no doubt about that, but if what you need is lather to shave with, a well-made synthetic is an excellent option, and it doesn't need to be babied.

I am just beginning to use a synthetic brush and they are really different from natural knots. They don’t actually hold water. The water remains on the surface of the bristles.

I normally give my natural brushes three shakes to remove the excess water before loading soap/cream, but the synthetic brush needs five shakes. Otherwise, I end up with lather all over myself and the bathroom!

Once you get this right you’re going to love this brush. Enjoy!

Thanks for the the feedback Phil Harmonica ya I have noticed this little brush holds water well
my old horse hair brush never seemed wet enough my only other brush an omega boar brush which is better at retaining
water than old horsey but that's not with me at the moment.
And as for a badger brush I'd like to try one of the better ones but they are to expensive for me to justify buying one.
Cheers

I am just beginning to use a synthetic brush and they are really different from natural knots. They don’t actually hold water. The water remains on the surface of the bristles.

I normally give my natural brushes three shakes to remove the excess water before loading soap/cream, but the synthetic brush needs five shakes. Otherwise, I end up with lather all over myself and the bathroom!
It's always interesting to read other people's (totally different) approaches to the same end. With all of my brushes (mostly synthetic, but including one boar and one big badger) I adopt a universal approach: soak well, then squeeze the bristles/fibres HARD with my non-dominant (and admittedly arthritic) hand so no more water comes out, then load up for ages. It always seems as if I'm loading a dry brush for a while, but I keep going until I've got lots of soap before I even think about adding water, which I do a just few drops at a time, at least to start with.

It's always interesting to read other people's (totally different) approaches to the same end. With all of my brushes (mostly synthetic, but including one boar and one big badger) I adopt a universal approach: soak well, then squeeze the bristles/fibres HARD with my non-dominant (and admittedly arthritic) hand so no more water comes out, then load up for ages. It always seems as if I'm loading a dry brush for a while, but I keep going until I've got lots of soap before I even think about adding water, which I do a just few drops at a time, at least to start with.
Mate, this is the technique I use too with my synthetics and with my Boar as well. You've nailed it bang on, this is fail proof method. Some days I just scoop a bit of soap into the bowl and smear it at the bottom, add a little warm water and let it bloom for 10 to 15 minutes. Using this method the soap bits all get used up and nothing is left stuck to the bottom of the bowl, works beautifully with a Boar Brush but Synthetics work as well.

Once you get this right you’re going to love this brush. Enjoy!
Phil, the performance of the Synths and the Ease of maintenance male them very handy tools. You also save so much on soap cause unlike Badger, it isn't lather or soap hungry. Being a long time Boar Bristle user I will always harp on the fact that for bowl lathering they are fantastic. But a good Synth knot gives you the benefit of being gentle on the face and drying up super quick.

I have a few Synths but I have to say that the Best Brush I own besides my Custom Boar is the Frank Shaving Pur Tec. It is extremely dense with a smaller loft and amazing bristles. Great backbone, decent splay and punches way above it's price point. FS Brushes are quite a marvel, they make Yaqi and DScosmetic stuff look like amateur products sometimes.