Best of the Hard Soaps - A Survey

@nav1 try Haslinger Sheeps Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF) you won't be sorry you'll love it ;)

I have the entire set of haslinger and love them! Great performance with scents I love (bar honig as I'm allergic to it).

Mwf beats schafmilch by a long shot...no comparison for me.
The uniqueness of mwf lather and post shave feel can't be matched by any of the several lanolin containing soaps I've used.

Overall haslinger is great!!

@nav1 that's okay I still LOVE both MWF & Haslinger Sheeps Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF) also still love Tabac as well ;)

I'll have tabac in the near future also (pending trade)...haven't used it in 6 years so am looking forward to it!

I have the entire set of haslinger and love them! Great performance with scents I love (bar honig as I'm allergic to it).

The uniqueness of mwf lather and post shave feel can't be matched by any of the several lanolin containing soaps I've used.

Overall haslinger is great!!
I can see that at some stage I will have to try the fat.
It's probably sacrilege for me to admit I've been wet shaving 4 years and never tried it.

It's probably sacrilege for me to admit I've been wet shaving 4 years and never tried it.

4 years and no mwf?

You must try it and it's risk free cos if you don't like it, it'll be gone within 5 mins on the bst.

Yeah. But there's good reason you haven't tried it... [emoji6]

Have you tried the mutton soaps from stirling? While not a hard soap, I'm left to wonder how its performance could stack up against the prized MWF, or how it even compares to the standard beef soaps of stirling's lineup.

Have you tried the mutton soaps from stirling? While not a hard soap, I'm left to wonder how its performance could stack up against the prized MWF, or how it even compares to the standard beef soaps of stirling's lineup.

I have tried Stirling soaps samples and like them a lot but haven't tried the mutton version.

Overall, Stirling is really a fantastic performer, from my limited experience.

I find Stirling and MWF to be pretty close as far as performance goes.

MWF - better post shave (just) and slightly better cushion
Stirling - better glide and scents

Different strokes for different folks though :)

I find Stirling and MWF to be pretty close as far as performance goes.

MWF - better post shave (just) and slightly better cushion
Stirling - better glide and scents

Different strokes for different folks though :)
Is this about the regular beef tallow Stirling? I've heard some say that electric sheep is even better than the standard formulation that Stirling makes. Maybe @alfredus can share his thoughts, looks like he's the only one that's posted about electric sheep.

I have tried Stirling soaps samples and like them a lot but haven't tried the mutton version.

Overall, Stirling is really a fantastic performer, from my limited experience.

If you ever decide to come to one of the meet-ups - I have a sample of Stirling Scots Pine with your name on it - just let me know, so I can bring it along...

It might sound strange; but i really like Colonel Conk's hard soaps, either the Bay Rum or the Lime. A mongrel to lather till you get used to it.

It might sound strange; but i really like Colonel Conk's hard soaps, either the Bay Rum or the Lime. A mongrel to lather till you get used to it.

You can lather Col Conk!!!!

WOW - very impressive

If you ever decide to come to one of the meet-ups - I have a sample of Stirling Scots Pine with your name on it - just let me know, so I can bring it along...

WOW - thank you :)