Blue Devil soaps (Sale)....& other musings.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Just bought a couple of Blue Devil soaps (well...there is a sale on).
Bought the 'Frankinscents', and the 'Sandalwood'. Would have preferred the 'Sinnerman Orange', but out of stock, so made do with the 'Sandalwood'.
I already have 'Lust', and it's quite a nice soap. Lathers well, my face likes it, and my razors like it!
Not sure of my fragrance choices. I don't like a big Lavender hit (I live in a village surrounded by Grannies!).
I already have Haslinger Coconut, so don't need a Coconut type scent. The Peaches and Pears sounds nice, but discontinued...so no use buying and find that I like it but can't get any more.
Part of the attraction (to me) of any soap is the scent/fragrance. If it smells like poo then no way am I going to shave with it (well, apart from a brief flirt with Arko).
My remnant of Stirling 'Black Cherry' is a tad sad now. Seems to have lost a lot of the scent, and doesn't lather like it used to do.
I've had it for about 2 years so it's probably not worth keeping now. Has developed some funny wee 'spots' in the mixture which I think is the ingredients separating out.
It's headed for the bin today. It's almost at the doughnut of death stage anyway.
Anyway, I hope all you lovely people are OK.
All's fine over here in the Oz Eastern Islands (apart from the barking mad Commie Govt we currently have).
Keep safe, keep well guys.

Update: rescued the Stirling!
I had nothing to lose so I bunged it in the microwave for a couple of 8-9 second bursts.
After the second burst it was nice and soft, so I stirred it round to mix all the 'goodies' together again.
When happy with that I banged it's bum end down on the kitchen mat a couple of times to compact and smooth out the warm mixture.
Now (a few hours later) it's looking good again.
It's firmed up with no wee 'lumps' and 'bumps' showing, it's all a nice colour and texture plus the scent is good too.
A bit of faffing about for less than 1/4 tub but hey...my Mum's side of the family is from Glascow (Och Aye).
Waste not, want not!
It will easily last until my 2 Blue Devil soaps arrive.
Any of you 'rescued' soaps before?

I salvaged a Squadron Sweetheart that was ending soon. Looked like some component separation occurring so I heated it up the old fashioned way in hot water on the stove. Mixed it all well when it was soft enough (slurry) and it was great until the end. I get a feeling that taking too long to finish some soaps may not be ideal. Can fix though.

Feel free to swap for our corrupt and venal Western Islands govt anytime you like... :D
If we could breed them together, we might get an award willing government?
One that balances between economy and people perhaps?

Hi guys, I bought some Blue Devil soaps the other day, the slickness and lather is great so no issues there..

Is there something different with the formula than other soaps?

Is there menthol in it maybe?

*I got a tingly burning sensation across the face when using it to the point where it was uncomfortable.. Both the scents don't mention anything about menthol.

My face was a bit red post shave as well and felt a little raw.. hoping I'm not allergic to something in the mix

Hi guys, I bought some Blue Devil soaps the other day, the slickness and lather is great so no issues there..

*I got a tingly burning sensation across the face when using it to the point where it was uncomfortable.. Both the scents don't mention anything about menthol.

My face was a bit red post shave as well and felt a little raw.. hoping I'm not allergic to something in the mix
Depends on the scent you got, the tropical colada yes will give you a twang with the menthol, i used the balm before being aware of it and got a good surprise, im a fan of menthol now needless to say

Depends on the scent you got, the tropical colada yes will give you a twang with the menthol, i used the balm before being aware of it and got a good surprise, im a fan of menthol now needless to say

That's the one! Tropical Colada gave me a solid tingle, bit more than I bargained for.

Hey mate,
Sorry to hear you had a reaction. It may be the menthol in that particular soap, or there maybe something in it that doesn't agree with your skin.

My soaps are made for people with skin issues, but everybody is different ofcourse.

The Tropical Colada doesn't have a huge amount of menthol in it, but if you are overly sensitive it could be that.

Hey mate,
Sorry to hear you had a reaction. It may be the menthol in that particular soap, or there maybe something in it that doesn't agree with your skin.

My soaps are made for people with skin issues, but everybody is different ofcourse.

The Tropical Colada doesn't have a huge amount of menthol in it, but if you are overly sensitive it could be that.

Thanks mate, I'm putting it down to the cold weather and dry skin! otherwise it has been a superb shave.

I tried it again last night and the cold was there but not so much the burning, definitely looking positive on the skin reaction front :)