Bluebird Hi Stainless Chromium-Ceramic-Platinum-Tungsten-Polymer Coated Edges.

veteran

Bluebird Hi Stainless, Chromium-Ceramic-Platinum-Tungsten-Polymer Coated Edges, Made in Europe apparently. I took a little time out from my SE pursuits to trial a Bluebird that came as a bonus when I got my Lord from the US. 3 shaves using my tried and true prep and Proraso, I did 1 shave with the Lord L6 and 2 with my benchmark SS . I don`t believe that they are anywhere near as sharp as Feathers but they are smooth and did seem to hold that smoothness for 3 shaves. The sharpness didn`t seem to have deteriorated at the same rate as Feathers, in fact I would be confident to attempt a 4th shave with this blade. Smooth from 1st shave but then I palm strop so smoothness is not an issue to me , hell I think that the 1st shave with a new Gem is smooth so what would I know. Overall not close to Feathers in sharpness, but easily as smooth, if things got desperate I could use Bluebirds. Anyone keen to try one pm me, I`ve got 3 left.

How on earth do you coat a blade with chromium, ceramic, platinum and tungsten? All at the same time! Why would you.

I have no answer to either question lol, its like adding Titanium to golf ball covers, wtf? The worlds best balls don`t have it.

You will find that the coating list is suspiciously similar to Derby's. And we know what they shave like.

A number of shavers on other sites like them and find them better than the Derby. I haven't had a chance to try them.