Cheap starting DE please

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
Ok ok I'm finally going to give in and get a DE. Join the crew. I'm not giving up the straight, just as well as :)

Does anyone have a middle of the road, basic DE that I could purchase from them?

Functional and beginner are the words that spring to mind.

Thanks
Nick

You could ask @Yabor (as a str8 shaver) what he recommends.

And where did your journey get you to PJ? What razor have you settled on?

What are peoples daily drivers? I know most have a few, and some have a garage full, but what's the one you just always return to as the steady long term relationship?

Started off with the cheapest DE I could find just to see if I could get on with the whole thing anyhow. Then quickly went over to SE as my main razors and after accidentally discovering the delights of a light weight bakelite DE (7O'Clock), that is now the only DE I use. Have tried most DEs including a few open combs, TTOs, adjustable, three piece etc and didn't really like any of them. All I can recommend to you is not to try a Gillette Tech. After straight shaving you wouldn't be able to tell if it has a blade in it. Maybe an adjustable although the heads on those things in comparison to a straight will appear really cumbersome. Ditto with TTOs. Maybe there's a modern three piece out there that isn't too mild. In short I'm not really the person to advise you. Get hold of a 7O'Clock bakelite or a the Gillette equivalent. Awesome razor.

Basically I've learned how to shave using SE which is similar to straight shaving in that control of the pressure and angle are absolutely critical. Although it's to a degree also important with DE shaving, that kind of control I find is simply not possible with heavy, metal razors with big cumbersome heads. But that's my story.

Ok got a vintage Gillette coming from filobiblic. [emoji106]

Great starter DE indeed. Though I still contend that as a straight shaver you'd do well with an R41.

Cheap: fat handle UK tech - don't bother with any of the ALU ones
Not so cheap - but might be the right compromise as you can easily sell: Weber

As you're actually seeking offers maybe better dividends from popping a post up over in the 'Wanted' section, otherwise this areas prolly better of for mere suggestions of suitable razors rather than what folks have on offer.