Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I was going through my 'too clean up' stock and have quite a few that need to be sorted out, probably 20 or so. There was one though that I thought I had but couldn't find.

So I started looking through the cupboard in the laundry. I didn't find the razor I was looking for, although I did find it elsewhere.

What I stumbled across though was a largish box under some other stuff. I'd forgotten it and its contents were there. In this box were some razors that I'd forgotten I had. Going through it I discovered a Double Ring, a few British Aristocrats, a nickle plated Toggle, Rocket HD, #58 etc etc etc

Rather embarrassing really and not something I'd confess YKW - I genuinely forgot that I had them :confused:

So expect some decent sales threads sooner or later!

.................. Going through it I discovered a Double Ring, a few British Aristocrats, a nickle plated Toggle, Rocket HD, #58 etc etc etc.............Rather embarrassing really and not something I'd confess YKW - I genuinely forgot that I had them.....

Rather embarrassing indeed given that a few of them are very serious collectors pieces. You should by all accounts PIF them away to help you forget about the whole episode and to help mend this affliction you're suffering from. Or seek help!

Ah, now I saw the tag/name of this thread and was sure it referred to the rather LARGE lot of soaps, creams, balms and colognes that a certain fellow colonial purchased on B&B last night. *cough cough*

I was tempted to snag it as overall it was a great buy but passed as I thought too much stuff I'd be ambivalent about. Good luck explaining that 'instant shave den' to the Missus. ;-)

a certain fellow colonial purchased on B&B last night

He feigned resistance for a few hours, maybe to give the rest of us a chance!

Alongside the largest razor collection in the southern hemisphere the collection of acctrouments must be a warehousing nightmare. Maybe he subcontracts that aspect to Linfox or Dyers...

Rather embarrassing indeed given that a few of them are very serious collectors pieces. You should by all accounts PIF them away to help you forget about the whole episode and to help mend this affliction you're suffering from. Or seek help!

I'll happily aid in Mark's rehabilitation by taking some of these off his hands, it's just the humane thing to do.

Thanks all for your supportive comments.

I knew I would get some grief but it is less painful coming from you guys :cheesy:

Yes, there are some serious pieces in there. Now do you want to know the REALLY embarrassing part? I looked further in the cupboard today and found a smaller box. It only contains an Eclipse Red Ring, a 'signature' single ring and a few other bits and pieces. :confused: I'm pretty sure that this is the lot now....

Ah, now I saw the tag/name of this thread and was sure it referred to the rather LARGE lot of soaps, creams, balms and colognes that a certain fellow colonial purchased on B&B last night. *cough cough*

I was tempted to snag it as overall it was a great buy but passed as I thought too much stuff I'd be ambivalent about. Good luck explaining that 'instant shave den' to the Missus. ;-)

First rule of collecting - mail goes to the office! Mind you I confessed the price I paid for a bottom dial when I was in the US. My point was that it was half the price a similar one went for on eBay just two days later. Her interpretation was that she would never have to worry about what she might spend on shoes again...

Part of the reason I got the box from John is to seed a future Paste & Cut traveling box - so watch this space....

He feigned resistance for a few hours, maybe to give the rest of us a chance!

Alongside the largest razor collection in the southern hemisphere the collection of accoutrements must be a warehousing nightmare. Maybe he subcontracts that aspect to Linfox or Dyers...

Well there is the garage, the office, the laundry....

Seriously some of the box from John will be sold as individual items, some I will keep and some will seed a future traveling box.

How much do the Red Rings go for (ball park figure - I'm not asking precisely what you paid, although if you don't remember buying it I guess you cant give that any way)?

There is something about them that I like, but can't put my finger on. I don't usually drool over old razors but these have something about them that draws me in.

Finally, how do they shave?

How much do the Red Rings go for (ball park figure - I'm not asking precisely what you paid, although if you don't remember buying it I guess you cant give that any way)?

There is something about them that I like, but can't put my finger on. I don't usually drool over old razors but these have something about them that draws me in.

Finally, how do they shave?

Depends on condition of course. A mint, almost NOS one went for $525 recently I think! These ones have a little wear and some brassing which is very common on these. I think that they would go for $140 - $180 without going and looking at them closely.

They are a really nice shaver but I found to get the best out of them I needed a Feather or other equally sharp blade.

I like them, but I wouldn't pay that for a razor I would regularly use when I can get similar for much cheaper.

Still haven't gotten around to buying an adjustable yet either.