Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Some of you will be familiar with the pics I took about this time last year of my collection. They are in a thread here.

Since then I've won a few, low more than a few, made some purchases from other collectors (thanks, if you are reading this you know who you are :D) and also added some brushes, most of which are not shown here.

So I needed more space and last weekend picked up a couple of second hand cabinets, you can see pics of the new cabinets and the old one below:

I transferred most of the collection from the old cabinet to the new today but ran out of shelves, will have to get some more made, and ended up having to cram them in with boxed razors still remaining in their boxes but some others displayed a bit more. It will look better when I have the other shelves in and I can display them all with less crowding. The Techs will remain in the old cabinet and I have quite a few in awaiting cleaning up yet.

Anyway, you don't want to 'listen' to me you want pics - so here are a few to start:

Unfortunately today I discover my DSLR is broken so these are all iPhone pics :mad:

Just in case you want more pics:

'cause we all like pics!

Yeah, yeah, I know.

They really are still crowded in there.

You can't really see what is in there can you - are these any better?

[sigh] I've have to update my listing of what it stored where now ...

Anyway, that is the last of the pics until I get my camera repaired - enjoy!

Last edited:
Wonderful pics Mark, thank you for sharing.

I especially admire your dedication to collecting boxed razors. Of my own modest collection (around 25 razors), only my Ranger Tech is boxed. That said, if I did own boxes for all my razors I'd need much more storage space (which I don't have!) so I guess its a moot point :)

Can I ask for a pic request? I would love to see some close up shots of a British Tech Hybrid (assuming you have one).

Wonderful pics Mark, thank you for sharing.

I especially admire your dedication to collecting boxed razors. Of my own modest collection (around 25 razors), only my Ranger Tech is boxed. That said, if I did own boxes for all my razors I'd need much more storage space (which I don't have!) so I guess its a moot point :)

Can I ask for a pic request? I would love to see some close up shots of a British Tech Hybrid (assuming you have one).

I started with uncased - so beware!

If it is the one I think you mean I think I do - will have a look.

Sorry, should have included pics of this earlier. The cabinet where it all started, it was going to house ALL my collection...

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.......thats outstanding.

Seriously, I knew you had quite a few razors but thats something else....and the QUALITY!!!!!!! Truly superb Mark, thanks ever so much for sharing. Brilliant stuff indeed!

The original wall cab was cute but the new display has more wow. All the colour from the boxes etc make for great roaming eye candy.
I know this is a cruel question and may have been asked to you before, but if you could keep 2 razors (fav in use and fav for show) what would they be?

I know this is a cruel question and may have been asked to you before, but if you could keep 2 razors (fav in use and fav for show) what would they be?

You will make his head explode with that question.

You all do realize of course that Marks other hobby is Photoshop :) Those that have seen his actual shaving kit will remember the can of No Brand foam, a slightly grotty flannel and a Gillette twin blade. :) But by the good lord Harry he does do a nice line in photos.
:) :)

Thanks guys. not bad for a little corner of Down Under - gotta keep these Yanks honest and not getting too up themselves. Between this and Mr-Razor and a few others I think we keep them honest

@ bodge - one to use, #16; one to display New Aristocrat Deluxe (posted in an acquisition thread here somewhere) Easy really !

@Nick - LOL - had you not seen them before :) there are a few :0

That's pretty amazing. You sure that's all of them though? There's not going to be another...."Oh and I almost forgot, I found these under my bed the other day."?

That's pretty amazing. You sure that's all of them though? There's not going to be another...."Oh and I almost forgot, I found these under my bed the other day."?

Well the Techs are not in the pics, nor some SEs, my regular rotation of brushes, OH and the box of brushes to restore, and a few DEs that need a clean ...

Pretty sad when you look at it like that :sad2:

Wow Mark, that is huge! :amazed:

I knew you had a lot of razors, but hell man, you could open up those roller doors and charge admission. I dig the Gillette brushes, they're really cool. Never seen them before.

Have you ever worked out roughly how much everything is worth now?

Wow Mark, that is huge! :amazed:

I knew you had a lot of razors, but hell man, you could open up those roller doors and charge admission. I dig the Gillette brushes, they're really cool. Never seen them before.

Have you ever worked out roughly how much everything is worth now?

Worth? I'm not sure I want to think about that :D

I was asked recently where I got my razors from so checked. I have 469 lines on my speadsheet of acquisitions. Some lines involve multiples razors where I've brought a lot. Many of them have been sold as I've upgraded the collection or brought a duplicate to get a case or something similar.

Of those 469 purchases only 55 have been non-eBay (local finds, B&B B/S/T or from other collectors) - so 414 or 88% are eBay purchases. When you think that postage from the US where most came from is $15 you can see that the cost adds up even before you pay for the razors (do the maths!). That gives you an idea of the magnitude of the investment ...

...Can I ask for a pic request? I would love to see some close up shots of a British Tech Hybrid (assuming you have one).

You mean like this one:

They are sometimes pictured in this style case from memory but mine was uncased:

Sorry but the best I can do pic wise with the iphone - white balance way out too BTW.

Mark- Many thanks for those photos. You do indeed have everything!

Interesting, that one seems to be an open-comb variety.

The one that I have seen on ebay recently is different:

Vintage GILLETTE BRITISH "NEW/TECH HYBRID" double edge SAFETY RAZOR rare | eBay

Mr Razor, as usual, has a great comparision pic:

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Tech/1939 Tech Hybrid England from Richard Snyder.jpg

I think that there is a fair bit of the unknown around these. I included both razors as I've seen both referred to by this terminology. I'm just confused :)