DE for precision?

Jase

As mentioned in my intro post - I have a beard and currently only shave my neck and cheek lines.
I've been using a Merkur 34C and it does a great job but feels a bit clumsy where I need accuracy around the beard line. Is there a DE razor that is better suited for this type of precision?
I realise a straight is probably more suited to the job but would prefer to stick with a DE for convenience at the moment.

@Jase if you want precise "lines" a 4/8" straight razor will do the trick. An open comb SE would be my second choice and as long as you can spare the blood a shavette with a half DE blade is also a workable option. For precise work blade exposure and a gentle touch go hand in hand :)

Edit: you can get a good shavette on line for well under $10 delivered.

Thanks @bald as Hmm I figured as much. I have an open comb DE in the post, I'll see how that goes - but might have to try out a shavette. Another excuse to aquire more kit.

Edit: you can get a good shavette on line for well under $10 delivered.

Mind sharing where this is from?

Some of the DE's (particularly OC) have narrow heads good for doing lines (gillette new LC, parker 24/26c for example). Not as good as Bald's suggestions above, but still works better than other DE's with bulky heads.

Why not an SE? A feather artist club style unit will have a very narrow head.
That would be a Irving Barber Company (IBC) shavette come with a very narrow head, IBC is pretty much looks like a straight razor style and the weight feel like a straight razor see youtube clip below