DIY Homemade Shaving Soap

As to which, no doubt you're still experimenting with ?

Gent's V9

Back in the saddle. I put through a batch with a friend this afternoon. Tallow & lanolin made long awaited returns...

DHM2PaA.png

The pucks have been in their mould for about an hour now. They retain a little of the yellow due to the 1/3 olive oil but the tallow creaminess is unmistakable. Smelling up close there's a subtle hint of wool wax, the nuttiness of olive oil and then this wonderful 'clean' profile emanates from the still warm soap.

We made enough for three healthy sized pucks. The plan is to mature them for six weeks before the initial test lathers.

Can't wait to see how they go. I'm very confident they'll be incredible.

Last edited:
Drill out an ARKO shave stick and put in a wick and the you have the ultimate man cave aromatic candle :)

Really? I've got a box full of Arco here..... I'm tempted to give it a go. Provided you aren't pulling my leg.

:) "If" you believe that, I have the title deeds to a really big bridge in a premiere capital city. Going cheap "_

Mind you it may just work :)

I couldn't resist so one of the pucks got sacrificed to the lather gods. I'll age the others.

It has 1% jojoba and 0.25% lanolin. The jojoba gives the lather the ice cream effect. It may not appear this way but a massive quantity of water has been incorporated.

TXznR0P.jpg

It's so slick on the hands and very easy to build lather with. It smells great. Nice & fresh. The lather is highly stable.

EGzhTo3.jpg

I'm happy with V9. I'm already formulating plans for V10.

I couldn't resist so one of the pucks got sacrificed to the lather gods. I'll age the others.

It has 1% jojoba and 0.25% lanolin. The jojoba gives the lather the ice cream effect. It may not appear this way but a massive quantity of water has been incorporated.

TXznR0P.jpg

It's so slick on the hands and very easy to build lather with. It smells great. Nice & fresh. The lather is highly stable.

EGzhTo3.jpg

Wow! That is a lot of lather!

Very interesting reading, the process itself seems straightforward but finessing the chemistry is not surprisingly the complicated aspect. Still, very much food for thought though ;)

TXznR0P.jpg

EGzhTo3.jpg

Holy whip dick a moly :confused: HUGE lather and I can see too many tiny bubbles :unsure:

TXznR0P.jpg

EGzhTo3.jpg

You must have a HUGE face!

This is incredible ...