Dr. Harris 'Windsor'

~Spyne~

Just saw this on the Dr. Harris website.
Has anyone tried it yet? Thoughts on latherability/cushion/moisturising/scent?

D.R. Harris isn't exactly going to break the bank.... but then again you can nearly get two tubs of TOBS for the price of one D.R. Harris tub.

Shaving.ie has the following "DR Harris Windsor Shaving Cream in a bowl posesses light citrus overtones with a leathery and peppery warmth."

Dunno, but Drubs loves Arlington. I have heard good things about the Rose.

Thanks. I've contacted Nathan and he says they will be bringing it in with their next shipment of Dr. Harris and I might even see some samples available.
Top bloke, pity the isolation of Australia makes pricing here uncompetitive with OS.

Thanks. I've contacted Nathan and he says they will be bringing it in with their next shipment of Dr. Harris and I might even see some samples available.
Top bloke, pity the isolation of Australia makes pricing here uncompetitive with OS.

I still buy my Speick and stuff like that from him. Proraso I can get around the corner.

When the postage is free, there's not a massive incentive to buy OS for me when I'm only going to save a few $$ or break even. The premium brand stuff is a different matter, but I don't think any of it is worth it.

I do like Harris Arlington, but it doesn't perform extra relative to its price, the premium stuff just offers more refined scents. Which isn't a biggie in soaps and creams for me.

really, TOBS Coconut?

Gotta try that.

Add it to the stack of yet unopened TOBS in my mancave.

TOBS do now make a coconut cream, but it has literally only just hit the shelves at Shaving.ie and not many other places have it yet.

That said, it would have to be pretty special to dethrone the Trumpers Coconut which is pretty much acclaimed as the best coconut fragrance out there.

I haven't tried the Trumpers and to be honest, I don't really know why I'm excited about coconut. Maybe it will be a good alternative in summer to proraso.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Trumper's coconut is known for it's glide and moisturising properties. There is (some) coconut oil in it. Some find that it had a slight 'drying' feel, but an hour later your skin feels great.

Personally, the scent is not high up my list. Next Trumpers I buy will be Limes to go with my Skin Food. The performance of my Violets was top notch.

Still, TOBS is cheap at about $12/tub so if it doesn't work it's not like you spent $24-$30 on it.