Fatboy setting

David7307

I have been using a Gillette fatboy off and on this month and keep nicking my self, on setting 3 and above, I hear a lot of people think setting 3 is fairly mild , am I the only one or is there others that find 3 is harsh , my old tech razors I can do what ever I like with them and never cut my self
Blades I have tried in fatboy are
Feather, bic , treet, and Gillette wilkinson

Tech are pretty much as mild as you can get - so that would be your Fatboy 1-2 I'd guess.

I take my Fatboy on 6, same with my Slim ...

... but ...

I had a rhodium replated Slim I sold on as that was too aggressive for me on 3.

When I checked it out with feeling gauges there was a significantly different blade gap, possibly through the replating and adjustment process. This can also happen with a razor be knocked about over time too.

Another member here had a British Aristocrat which was giving him grief - it was misaligned guard bars.

Check that the Fatboy all looks squared away.

I gave razor a good spray with wd40 the other day and put it a way,
Dragged it out this morning and wiped it down and found the open and close was moving more freely,
I shaved with it this morning and I think, before it was not locking in properly,
Shaved on setting 3 with out cuts
The Gillette is a g2
Did they come with a press on holding cap is a screw out holding cap mine looks like a press on ,

Slim on 4 - 5 is my comfort setting.

I am similar to the lads above with my Slim and Aristocrat Slim - my sweetspot is 6 WTG - 4XTG - 4ATG.
I have a Fatboy inbound, and this will likely be my starting point with this razor.