Favourite Shaving Gear 2023

Geat idea for a thread! :)

These are the things that in 2023 delighted me for the frst time.

Brush Boar. For a long time, I assumed boar was the poor cousin of badger. How wrong I was. Scrubby, luxurious lather machines; I am now a complete convert.

Razor Koraat 15/16 Sheffield. When I ordered this from Ulrik in early 2022, I wanted a half hollow. It turns out that if I had studied the pictures he helpfully posts on his site of all of his grinds, I would have realized that what he calls a "Half Hollow" is actually a quarter or near wedge. What he calls a "Sheffield Full Hollow" is what I originally envisaged. So, after shaving with it for several months, I shipped it back and he reground it for me. Now it is probably my favourite razor. The grind is just perfect in my eyes.

Post Myrsol Agua de Limón Maybe its just a summer infatuation, but I couldn't have imagined I'd like an aftershave nearly as much as Antesol. AdL is every bit as good, I'm just not sure I would use it all year round. Time will tell... Floïd Vigoroso was a close runner up. Sad to hear that it has been discontinued, but I managed to snag a couple of 400ml bottles to keep me going for a good while.

Stone Charnley Forest Phenomenal stone. A fraction of the price of a Hard Ark, yet delivers edges that are indistinguishable from one; crisp as a fresh apple. Plus, they are much more enjoyable to hone on. While the Ark is effective, the glassy surface is a little soul less, the Charnely however, purrs like a contented kitten under the steel.
Great post!
I am also a fan of Myrsol aftershaves and Floid Vigoroso.