Found the best shirts and pants so far: Twillory

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
Been sitting on this for a while, as I have been waiting for a few wear cycles to go through and I am now at the point where I am happy to recommend to you all.

A few months back I came across a new online source of shirts for work during one of their major sales - Twillory. Has all the normal marketing guff and story, however the feedback from local buyers seemed very good including on OzBargain and other local sites. Unfortunately pricing at normal rates is very expensive and feels like a bad value, plus the AUD pricing includes shipping via DHL from the US which also jacks up the price. So overall I was quite apprehensive on purchasing due to my body shape as I have added weight since 2021, and I have issues with the thighs in most pants. I did need some new work shirts and pants, and the discounts made the shirts around $70 each delivered which seemed reasonable.

Purchased:
4x Non-Iron shirts
2x Performance Pants (navy, charcoal)
Cost: Approx $570 delivered (after discounts)

Got to say that the pants are what really surprised me. Still VERY expensive at what I paid ($140ea) compared to other options like Eubi (normally $90ea) or BottomsLab (2 for $140ish) who both do those multi-stretch 'performance' chinos, but I have to say that the material is definitely twice as good at twice the price while the tailoring, fit and finish is also miles ahead. These fit absolutely perfectly for me off the shelf as I can order 36x32 with no issues. While these ones are almost 'suit pant' levels of dressy, they also have a '5 pocket' version which has a more casual Chino look around the pockets but are otherwise identical. Colours are also great.

The shirts are also amazing quality and truly are iron-free. You can just feel the quality of the material itself. Honestly it puts almost every shirt I have ever worn to shame, that includes most of the local DJ's/Myer brands, MJ Bale, and the UK online guys. The best part is that while expensive, each shirt comes with it's own nickel collar stays - something of a rarity these days and well appreciated. Fit and finish again are top notch, and the range of patterns is really good. I am looking at getting some of their semi-lined 'performance' version shirts as well.

There is also a range of other things which I cannot speak for. There are some 'performance' tshirts & polos which I will grab one to try - similar pricing to what you pay at BottomsLab (also untested by me so far). Their blazer looks great but horrendously expensive for us down here, but add to the pants and you have an instant suit and you can definitely mix & match.

So for Twillory, I give my highest recommendation. I have tried many brands and this is all I will be buying from now on for work/semi-formal. That is a massive statement from me as I have always looked to pay significantly less and find the good deals. Unfortunately most of the shirts really do not last.

If you want to try something now, they have their 'untuckable' shirts in the deal room (https://www.twillory.com/collections/dealroom) for $70 each, and you only need to buy two to get 'free' shipping. These shirts do not come with collar stays because these are button-down style, but you will get an idea of materials, plus fit & finish in a more casual shirt. They also have their jeans on sale for reasonable money.

There's also a $45 discount on $225 spend if you use my referral so that can help on overall cost - http://rwrd.io/8gvmzkt?c - but I would recommend that you keep an eye out for their sales where the prices do come down significantly and make a larger purchase worthwhile.

My wife, before she changed jobs recently was the cleaner for a former Australian super model who is married to a billionaire. His every day wear polo shirts are, no joke, worth around $3000 each. Her offsider one day put the white ones in with the coloureds and turned a few grey. While the poor woman that did it was devastated, he couldn't care less :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

His every day wear polo shirts are, no joke, worth around $3000 each. Her offsider one day put the white ones in with the coloureds and turned a few grey. While the poor woman that did it was devastated, he couldn't care less :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I know a few people like that too, probably Tom Ford polos. Honestly if I had $3k to spend on a polo shirt, I would buy a couple of $100 ones and invest the rest, but then again I don't have $3k to spend on a polo shirt and they do.

Point being that $120/shirt for these is still kind of expensive, but most definitely worth the price compared to similar priced DJ's/Myer shirts. Worth the money for sure, and the best part is that you don't end up wearing the same or similar shirts as everyone else does. You stand out.

I wore one into a rare trip to the office a month ago, my 'work wife' loved it. That in itself is possibly the biggest tick for the brand.

These products look good. I was hoping to see one or two grandad collar shorts there, but apparently not. Since I've (mostly) pretty much retired, I usually go for casual, when I'm not doing stuff that requires dressing like a slob. For some reason, grandad collar shirts tend to be expensive everywhere you look, but they're a style that suits me much better than collars made for ties.

Thanks for the tip.

I generally get my shirts from https://www.charlestyrwhitt.com/ mostly because they fit me off the rack (without having to go M2M) and also their return policy is no nonsense.

I wouldn't have thought pants were expensive at $140. A good quality cotton chino ; selvedge denim would be more than that. As would wool pants. $50 to $120 seems to be a good sweet spot for a quality cotton shirt these days. I haven't bought a shirt from DJ or Myer for a decade.

Whilst I do notice a subtle quality difference between certain polo brands (e.g. they still look new but I'm care to launder them properly) I'm not sure of a $500 difference between say a Burberry Polo and a SportsCraft polo. Most people don't actually notice. Unless you're a baller asian wearing LV or Gucci branded clothing that is monogrammed to eyesore level.

I picked up some more items in the current Black Friday sale. With the AUD falling in that time against the USD, prices were higher than the clearance sale but still reasonable with an additional discount code I had.

5x new shirts and another 3x pants should have me done now for a while. Delivery was really quick too, ordered 9/11 and delivered 13/11.

TM Lewin is my go to, but haven't bought in a while and ever since they went into administration and restructured they stopped posting internationally. Pity as they fit me pretty much perfect off the rack and some shirts are looking a little worse for wear.

TM Lewin is my go to, but haven't bought in a while and ever since they went into administration and restructured they stopped posting internationally. Pity as they fit me pretty much perfect off the rack and some shirts are looking a little worse for wear.
Just had a look at their website (they have some good looking products) but have you noticed that almost every one of their models is badly in need of a shave? Same pretty much everywhere else. I don't get it, we were supposed to have got to peak beard 15 years ago. Maybe a boycott is in order. :mad:

Myer were stocking them at least for a while. Remember seeing them in Parramatta earlier this year but not sure if that was old stock or if they are being stocked on an ongoing basis.

The Twillory shirts are completely different, and in the best way. Lewin did fit well but the material was not that great.

Can't complain about quality much when TM Lewin goes on sale and I get shirts at less than $30-$50 each :ROFLMAO:. Every big sale they had I always stocked up and now I have around 14-15 shirts which would last me 3 weeks of work without wearing the same shirt twice.

As part of my work I travel to HK and Bangkok 3-4 times a year, and have been doing so since 2014 (up until Covid). Funnily enough, I never actually got shirts tailored in Bangkok where you can get very good quality ones for about AUD100 per shirt. Now that travel is back on the cards, I plan to start slowly replacing shirts with tailored ones.
Myer were stocking them at least for a while. Remember seeing them in Parramatta earlier this year but not sure if that was old stock or if they are being stocked on an ongoing basis.

The Twillory shirts are completely different, and in the best way. Lewin did fit well but the material was not that great.

Can't complain about quality much when TM Lewin goes on sale and I get shirts at less than $30-$50 each :ROFLMAO:. Every big sale they had I always stocked up and now I have around 14-15 shirts which would last me 3 weeks of work without wearing the same shirt twice.

As part of my work I travel to HK and Bangkok 3-4 times a year, and have been doing so since 2014 (up until Covid). Funnily enough, I never actually got shirts tailored in Bangkok where you can get very good quality ones for about AUD100 per shirt. Now that travel is back on the cards, I plan to start slowly replacing shirts with tailored ones.
The CT shirts are on sale at the $50 mark right now. They again are more like Twillory than TML in at least their Iron-free ranges, but the fabric grades are down a notch or two. Certainly worth it at the sale prices when you can get two for the price of one Twillory shirt (and you need to get 4 of them to get that price).

I have also had shirts and suits tailored in HCM and while great quality (especially the fabrics), it's hard to justify against a mass-market products at a significantly lower price. They also liked to leave less allowance with a slightly tighter fit when standing, which means sitting gets uncomfortably tight.

You bunch of enablers. Nearly $600 later and I have 7 shirts and 3 pants from CT. Which is quite a good price really.

As has been discussed, the fabrics are quite nice and they seem well made. I went classic fit as I am not as svelte as I once was. The shirts are certainly roomy and I could have gone with the next step in tailored fit. I could exchange them but they are not so big as to bother.

Chinos are quite nice and more trouser than jean. I got a pair of 5 pocket pants which I'll exchange as they are quite snug in the crotch.

I now know I can safely shop with them online and the fit is good, plus I'll be right for a fair while and not have to think about facing the glaring lights of retail.

Been sitting on this for a while, as I have been waiting for a few wear cycles to go through and I am now at the point where I am happy to recommend to you all.

A few months back I came across a new online source of shirts for work during one of their major sales - Twillory. Has all the normal marketing guff and story, however the feedback from local buyers seemed very good including on OzBargain and other local sites. Unfortunately pricing at normal rates is very expensive and feels like a bad value, plus the AUD pricing includes shipping via DHL from the US which also jacks up the price. So overall I was quite apprehensive on purchasing due to my body shape as I have added weight since 2021, and I have issues with the thighs in most pants. I did need some new work shirts and pants, and the discounts made the shirts around $70 each delivered which seemed reasonable.

Purchased:
4x Non-Iron shirts
2x Performance Pants (navy, charcoal)
Cost: Approx $570 delivered (after discounts)

Got to say that the pants are what really surprised me. Still VERY expensive at what I paid ($140ea) compared to other options like Eubi (normally $90ea) or BottomsLab (2 for $140ish) who both do those multi-stretch 'performance' chinos, but I have to say that the material is definitely twice as good at twice the price while the tailoring, fit and finish is also miles ahead. These fit absolutely perfectly for me off the shelf as I can order 36x32 with no issues. While these ones are almost 'suit pant' levels of dressy, they also have a '5 pocket' version which has a more casual Chino look around the pockets but are otherwise identical. Colours are also great.

The shirts are also amazing quality and truly are iron-free. You can just feel the quality of the material itself. Honestly it puts almost every shirt I have ever worn to shame, that includes most of the local DJ's/Myer brands, MJ Bale, and the UK online guys. The best part is that while expensive, each shirt comes with it's own nickel collar stays - something of a rarity these days and well appreciated. Fit and finish again are top notch, and the range of patterns is really good. I am looking at getting some of their semi-lined 'performance' version shirts as well.

There is also a range of other things which I cannot speak for. There are some 'performance' tshirts & polos which I will grab one to try - similar pricing to what you pay at BottomsLab (also untested by me so far). Their blazer looks great but horrendously expensive for us down here, but add to the pants and you have an instant suit and you can definitely mix & match.

So for Twillory, I give my highest recommendation. I have tried many brands and this is all I will be buying from now on for work/semi-formal. That is a massive statement from me as I have always looked to pay significantly less and find the good deals. Unfortunately most of the shirts really do not last.

If you want to try something now, they have their 'untuckable' shirts in the deal room (https://www.twillory.com/collections/dealroom) for $70 each, and you only need to buy two to get 'free' shipping. These shirts do not come with collar stays because these are button-down style, but you will get an idea of materials, plus fit & finish in a more casual shirt. They also have their jeans on sale for reasonable money.

There's also a $45 discount on $225 spend if you use my referral so that can help on overall cost - http://rwrd.io/8gvmzkt?c - but I would recommend that you keep an eye out for their sales where the prices do come down significantly and make a larger purchase worthwhile.

Mate you inspired me and I thought I'd give these guys a go. I'm getting : "Shipping not available for selected address" so maybe they no longer ship to Oz ? :(

They definitely do, but they have been making changes.

What I found is that they have a local shipping provider, and a global one. You might need to create an account first so it routes you correctly.

EDIT: No, they have screwed up the site again. You could try a reshipper but the savings now are minimal.

Last edited:
I’m wearing CT shirts, one thing of not is that their extra slim shirt is still a bit roomy and it’s not like I’m a crazy thin guy at 6 foot and 80kg

I’m wearing CT shirts, one thing of not is that their extra slim shirt is still a bit roomy and it’s not like I’m a crazy thin guy at 6 foot and 80kg
I might have to try CT again. Trying to decide between the slim and extra slim options. It’s a pain as I had my size dialled in with Lewin but they’re won’t ship to Oz.

Thank for trying Monsta. Nice to know it’s not just me.
Yeah, I will yell at them again. They had an outage of 3 months doing some system upgrade a while ago. Now it is down again, but it was working about 6 weeks ago for another order I made.