FYI on the 4th Generation Synthetic Fiber Brushes available on the market

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day P&C

I thought you like to know about the 4th Generation Synthetic Fiber Brushes available on the market see below ;)

M7yssRv.jpg

That's great info @SpeedyPC - but it seems to be a bit outdated? Where are all the modern Razock, Stirling, Ubersoft, etc. knots in this?

I have the slight suspicion that we have a lot of branching going on and there are many many more different types out there?

That's great info @SpeedyPC - but it seems to be a bit outdated? Where are all the modern Razock, Stirling, Ubersoft, etc. knots in this?

I have the slight suspicion that we have a lot of branching going on and there are many many more different types out there?

@alfredus I'm still searching and investigating in Razorock, Stirling, Ubersoft, etc. knots in this to see what type of Synthetic Fiber IF they're 4th Generation or not, the table showing above has been published in 2rd Feb. 2015 so this is the latest. So far while I'm still searching and investigating for more information at this stage nothing new hasn't come through yet.

What's the reasoning behind classifying plisson fibers as 3rd generation? Is it because the entire fiber itself is flimsy and soft instead of just the tips?

Wouldn't all the razorock/stirling/maggard brushes simply be plissons?

Also the Ubersoft use the 4th generation synthetic fiber and his website has been confirmed ;)

Edit: @alfredus can you contact Nathan Clark to confirm this and see if he can provide more information on the generation synthetic fiber..........Cheers ;)(y)

Last edited:
Sorry, but imo this is all a bit of a wank. They're just trying to classify bushes based on a very loose criteria, which has absolutely zero quantifiable measures or specifications. It's like saying a best badger in one brand (let's say simpson) is the same a best badger by captain fawcetts.

I have the Omega Hi Synth, pretty damn good bowl latherer. Soft as anything. I also have a Loccitane Plisson, not much backbone but still one of my favourites. I think I like synths.