Happy to join you all

Anthonyjhc

I've returned to d/e shaving after too many years in the wilderness to recount ... and I just wish that I had to shave more than once a day .. this is luxurious! I'm now indoctrinating my son and son into the ritual.
My latest purchase just arrived today .. a fantastic gold-hued Gillette New long comb with the fat flat-bottom handle, not the ball end. I'll be using it tomorrow. It will be joining my favourites, which include a gold Fatboy, a beautiful mint nickel Slim, a 40s fat handle British Tech, a red tip and standard Flare, a mint US Superspeed Korean War-era blacktip, and a few other Techs from different periods. Coming from the States is a rhodium plated New short comb and a long handle blue star Ladies Gillette. And I can't afford anything else at all. .... though I know in a couple of months I'll be hunting down a long handle Black Beauty too. .....
Using DR Harris, Floris and Penhaligon soaps at the moment; I hope you all enjoy this crazy stuff as much as me!

Welcome.
What blades are your favourites? Have you decided on favourite current era blades, or succumbed to the lure of vintage blades?

Welcome @Anthonyjhc . That's quite a collection of Gillettes you've got going. You and @Mark1966 should get along famously. I'm sure he'll be along soon to introduce himself but FYI he has hundreds of Gillettes. A virtual museum full :)

Thanks for the welcome
No vintage blades yet .. I have Feather, Astra and Derby and the fellow who sold me the Long Comb sent along two packs of new Gillettes ... Platinum from Russia and 7 0'clock from India. What a good gesture!

Welcome to the enablers club :D

What brushes and soaps/creams do you like?

Welcome mate

Sounds like you have some great kit there already BUT still room for expansion :)

Greetings and welcome.
A word of warning, choose your allegiances carefully ;)

What a great setup of razors! I too love the NEW LC. Have you tried many modern razors? There's some beauties out there.

Did you get the NEW SC replated or did you buy it already replated? It'd look stunning I'm sure. Add some pics when you can (upload via Imgur or Dropbox and post the link here). [emoji106]

And you definitely need to try some Artisan soaps. B&M or even our own Aussie at Shaver Heaven courtesy of @Anthony.

Hello and welcome. Nice gear but way too much. Just to contradict this last statement please look out for a PM (long handled Black Beauty).

Hello and welcome, Anthony.

If you're ever in the mood for a Vanilla Slice and a chinwag then Bourkies Cafe is one of my favourite hangouts. A bit closer to get there for you but I travel fast when there's a Vanilla Slice at the end of a journey.