Hello everyone

Welcome to P&C @TheBeast - great to have you here (y)

Please tell us something about your favourite soap(s) and brush(es)

I have know Jakob for a few years now. We first became friends while he was still studying engineering in Slovakia. He then graduated and moved to the Czech republic (Česká republika) to work for a rather prestigious company there. He has been having problems with ingrowns and razor bumps since he started shaving and had tried many different shaving combinations. At my suggestion, he eventually tried traditional SR shaving. (I think I gave him his first shave-ready SR.) As often happens, he is now addicted to the gentlemanly art. His ingrowns and razor bumps have not yet been entirely eliminated but they have been greatly reduced as he works on his shaving and honing technique.

Last edited:
Welcome Jacob, @TheBeast if straights have tamed the ingrown and bumps the next most influential factor would be soap and a good slick lather. I know this because I am guilty of rushing this step or being too much of a miser with the soap. We have even had polls to crowd source what has the greatest impact on a good shave, razor or lather?. I imagine the more troublesome your face is with ingrown hair, bumps and scars the more important a good slick well hydrated lather is.

Best of luck and happy shaving