Help identifying this razor...

~Spyne~

Stumbled across this and thought it looks slightly unusual. Seller is asking a not insubstantial amount so not diving in right away on this one, till I know more.
I can't see any date markings and my knowledge of vintage razors is pretty slim so throwing it open to fellow P&Cers.

$_57.jpg
$_58.jpg

It is a mismatch set

The case is a plastic tech case from the post WWII era

The razor looks like an ABC Pocket Edition from the 1910s - 1920s but kinda different to most I've seen. Check out the thread here for the definitive guide on these.

Nice ABC. As Mark says it might be a bit of an odd one (check the picture of the shell pattern handles in the link). Don't know if that would make it worth a bit more. A vintage Gillette I really like the look of. Mark sold me one (silver scroll pattern) and I use it every shave to get into the areas around my mo. By far my most used razor! Love the handle designs. Sort of Greco-Roman or something. Baroque maybe? ABC stands for American Button Company who produced these under license.

It's a fairly aggressive open comb. It was designed to take the first ever DE blade which was slightly smaller than the ones produced now (I think) which is why there's a fair amount of blade sticking out from the guard. That's my theory anyhow and for me makes it the ideal clean up around the mo razor. Dangerous though! If I ever cut myself shaving it's this one that does it.

Lovely looking handle and as mentioned by my esteemed gentlemanly colleague Pjotr, the comb is quite aggressive.

I have two or three with very similar heads and I am very careful with them. You wouldn't use a Feather, let's say.

Probably chuck in an Astra or even a Voskhod.

Thanks guys. Definitely appears to be an ABC looking through Mark's link, though I can't match it to any of those ones specifically - the neck/collar where the ring is doesn't match any of the photos. Mine has a single ring but then an 'inverted'? ring underneath it. Odd.
Does look lovely though, if anyone is interested in it I'll supply the link. Buyer is asking $40-$60pp

Thanks guys. Definitely appears to be an ABC looking through Mark's link, though I can't match it to any of those ones specifically - the neck/collar where the ring is doesn't match any of the photos. Mine has a single ring but then an 'inverted'? ring underneath it. Odd.
Does look lovely though, if anyone is interested in it I'll supply the link. Buyer is asking $40-$60pp

At $40pp it is worthwhile at $60pp so so IMHO

I'm not sure that it is a Gillette. Is there any identifying marks on the bottom of the comb or numbers on it's top?? I can't tell from the photo.