Hi from up above

morgante

Hi there!
My name is Andrea and I write from Italy.
I am a passionate wetshaver, I use straight razors, single edge, double edge and shavettes.
I would like to learn all I can of how you live our passion down under to amplify my knowledge.
Thank you for welcoming me among you

Andrea

Welcome Andrea, hope your stay is long and fruitful.
Please take the time to read the welcome email you would of received (may be in your spam folder) as it will answer most questions new members have.

In Australia, we are not as lucky as you for choice, yet do have a few options that we rate quite highly around here, such as two artisans that are members here @Anthony and @Occams
Both are well worth checking out :)
Another is Johnny Good Sir and there is at least one blacksmith in Canberra making straight razors still.

Welcome Andrea - interesting to see so many Italians attracted to our little corner of this spinning rock. Looking forward to our sharing shaving postcards.

... interesting to see so many Italians attracted to our little corner of this spinning rock.

Well they're a nation with thousands of years of innovative thinking, devine culture and exquisite taste......so the attraction to P&C seems a natural one. ;)

PS Welcome Andrea, to our lil slice of La Dolce Vita! o_O

Welcome Andrea. What is your favourite Italian shaving product? What would you recommend that we try from Italy?

When I saw the topic I thought God had converted to wet shaving.

Benvenuto Andrea.

Welcome Andrea!

G'day Andrea welcome!

Italy has had quite an influence in Australia. After the war many Italians came to Australia in the 50's and 60's to start afresh. They settled in many places, establishing market gardens around Sydney, citrus orchards at Griffith, tailor shops, shoe makers, manufacturing workers, restaurants you name it. Mostly as the generations have passed Italians have largely blended into Australian culture, and added so much to it. The exception being when Italy is playing in the world cup suddenly Leichhardt is awash with Italian flags. We enjoy a thriving coffee industry (fended off Starbucks even!) and many foods we enjoy are Italian. Just to name a few things. This forum is home to several coffee snobs. And thanks also for a long history in totally impractical unaffordable but stupidly fast and stylish cars.

Quindi benvenuto, e godetevi il vostro soggiorno!

Or when Ferrari are doing well in F1