Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been here for ages but can't post. Doing another one to try and unlock.

James
Have you tried liking some posts? It doesn't take much to unlock your privileges: a post or two and a few likes is what I understand...

How long have you been around @Anakist? What is your current favourite shaving gear? [emoji106]

<- Joined Feb 11. Currently using a Rockwell adjustable with a Feather. Forgotten which brush I am using, but I think it is a badger. Rotate between Grapefruit TOBS, MWF and eshave Verbena Lime. I bought some Bleus of Mitzi which I like as much as the Personnas / IPs I usually use.

James

<- Joined Feb 11. Currently using a Rockwell adjustable with a Feather. Forgotten which brush I am using, but I think it is a badger. Rotate between Grapefruit TOBS, MWF and eshave Verbena Lime. I bought some Bleus of Mitzi which I like as much as the Personnas / IPs I usually use.

James
How's your Rockwell exchangeable baseplate system going? I heard that there have been many quality control issues with them.

Have you tried any artisan products? They often have more complex scents and fantastic performance.

Welcome @Anakist !!!

How can you not know what brush you are using :eek::eek::eek:

How's your Rockwell exchangeable baseplate system going? I heard that there have been many quality control issues with them.

Have you tried any artisan products? They often have more complex scents and fantastic performance.

I am pretty happy with TOBS so far. I have stupidly sensitive skin, and with TOBS (or the MWF most of the time and the eshave stuff if I am careful) I don't get burn or pimples. I use Speick to help calm my face down. I have tried samplers of other stuff and can't get a nice shave without burning so I am loath to change.

I love the baseplate system on the Rockwell. My skin can only handle the finest though so it seems a bit of a waste for me. The head on mine has some chipping, but their new injection moulded heads are apparently super nice and they are sending them out to everyone at some stage.

Welcome @Anakist !!!

How can you not know what brush you are using :eek::eek::eek:

Had the brush for ages. It is a midrange badger from Men's Biz that I keep coming back to. I have a boar, a Japanese Racoon Dog hair, and couple of synthetics but I keep coming back to the Badger. A nicer brush is on the cards, but I currently shave around once a week so it isn't a priority.

James

I am pretty happy with TOBS so far. I have stupidly sensitive skin, and with TOBS (or the MWF most of the time and the eshave stuff if I am careful) I don't get burn or pimples.
Great that it's working for you but most would say that TOBS is a good entry soap but when you compare it to a lot of other soaps, it is down the lower end. Not as much cushion or slickness compared to many others.

I think that your burn & pimples is due technique and razor blade choice more than soap. But sometimes ingredients do play a part.

Hi Anakist and welcome,I also have sensitive skin and find better quality unscented soaps like WSP Rustic Au Natural,or Shaver Heaven Straight Up also Nivea sensitive skin (Amazon)or Fishpond,not available in Oz,really are mild and give a great result

Used TOBS for the first time today - will also be my last...glad I found such great soaps so early on during my wet shaving journey

Find a post you like and hit the like link on it.
I keep telling him the same thing...
(But it's because he's an anarchist and doesn't want to do what anyone says! [emoji13])

@Anakist why don't you try "like"ing me ?
Try over here ;) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Once I saw the like, I pushed the update script. Usually it updates hourly only.

Oh, favourable treatment from the big boss!
@Anakist welcome to the insanity ;)

Thread closure due no longer being required - auto-promoted to full membership

Status
Not open for further replies.