Highland Soap Company - Whisky and Honey

Mouette

Was in Scotland just recently and visited the Highland Soap Company in Fort William. They only sold one shaving soap of which I bought a jar. Yes, a glass jar. Cost was 19 pounds - or about $40 AUD.

Unfortunately, I can't post a picture as I have no idea how to put pictures in Paste and Cut.

It was a semi-hard croap and had a really nice smell. Being in Scotland the home of Scotch whisky, I couldn't not buy it.

Tried it out when I got back to Aus. Results were extremely disappointing. It lathered ok, but the lather didn't last long at all. Not much slickness either. The only thing going for it was the nice smell. Not really worth the 20 pounds, which would have been better spent on pints of beer. I could have got 3 or 4 pints of Guiness for that!

cheers
Andrew

I had the same issue with Dindi soaps. Bought because I love lemon myrtle, could not create a lasting lather. It would dry up before I finished a quarter of my face.

If you really love WHISKY!!! you MUST try Essence of Scotland Highland shaving soaps, there are only three soaps that have Single Malt Scotch Whisky in the soap only from the Gentlemans Groom Room website in UK.

1. Bothy
highland_bothy.jpg

2. Malt 'n' Myrtle
malt_n_myrtle.jpg

3. Sweet Gale
sweet_gale.jpg

I LOVE IT!!!!!

I WANT MOAR BLOODY WHISKY!!

Last edited:
Well, you could always join The Whisky Club and have it delivered to your door... ;)
I am member of the Whisky club every year, all my brethren (Freemason) goes to all kinds of Whisky clubs every year.

Unfortunately I’ve haven’t been this year since I had a retina detachment on my left eye

ragnarskol.gif