I don't get it...

OK, we will see how instant nails goes :amazed:

Shocking but true - it was the closest I had around. It is the high strength wet applications one ;)

I'm sure it'll work.

Is this what you mean by a thread BTW

Very well worded there Mark. Diplomatic indeed. Pity none of them so far have actually understood what it means. I like the guy who now permanently soaks his brush in water because of something similar happening to another brush he had. What is that supposed to do? It's a freak show!

Last edited:
Good try Mark. The "Look, a bear!" replies all point to them worrying about soaking the brush too much.

Also, no one gets the cup comment, or its purpose. If the knot is welded into a metal cup, it can't rot as it's not sitting next to WOOD. The thing is packed so damn tight you can't get anything wet in there.

Last edited:
Good try Mark. The "Look, a bear!" replies all point to them worrying about soaking the brush too much.

Also, no one gets the cup comment, or its purpose. If the knot is welded into a metal cup, it can't rot as it's not sitting next to WOOD. The thing is packed so damn tight you can't get anything wet in there.

Worrying about soaking a wooden brush and thereby affecting the glue bond is not entirely baseless. The forces involved with swelling and shrinking wood fibres is considerable. And let's face it, no paint job on wood is perfect, particularly over time. However soaking the brush before using it has as usual been taken to the extreme of in some cases soaking it for half an hour in boiling water before kick-off. In my experience it takes all of two seconds for badger to become as pliable as it's ever going to be and all of five seconds with boar. Being a stick user and face latherer I can feel it quite distinctly. Just wetting it before attacking the soap/cream is all that's needed. If you're a bowl latherer there is absolutlely no need to soak the thing for any period of time as the action of smashing it wet in to a bowl accomplishes the softening of the fibres quite nicely before using it on your face.

Last edited:
Just as an aside to the brush story over YKW and the blinkered approach...

I go to a few US forums in regards Bourbon and the like. They often have Political areas on them where folks pontificate about whats wrong with everyone else in the world.

Haven't seen one post relating to the US soldier murdering 9 kids, 3 women and 4 men in Afghanistan. The uniformity of the social blinkering is quite gobsmacking.

Just as an aside to the brush story over YKW and the blinkered approach...

I go to a few US forums in regards Bourbon and the like. They often have Political areas on them where folks pontificate about whats wrong with everyone else in the world.

Haven't seen one post relating to the US soldier murdering 9 kids, 3 women and 4 men in Afghanistan. The uniformity of the social blinkering is quite gobsmacking.

That's pretty sad. Obviously no one will touch it, lest they muddy the 'thanks for your service' nausea.

I'm surprised any US based forum allows political discussion, never mind reserving a spot for it - it rarely ends well and heads south pretty quickly. Whenever a thread got a bit religious YKW, the evangelicals never lost an opportunity to quote scripture and preach morals; it's like a small window opened and they just can't help themselves.

Looks like somebody's cottoning on (reckoner post no 17):

I just posted and hit them around the head with the truth. Lets see what the mods do. Expecting that they ban me for that post.

I just posted and hit them around the head with the truth. Lets see what the mods do. Expecting that they ban me for that post.

Very quiet over there....

Would they really ban for so little?

It's not like you told them that you were an atheist who believes guns should be locked up, and that you once met a muslim guy that you didn't immediately suspect of being a terrorist.

You just said that in your opinion Smogs were a bit shit really.

Because It's 6AM over there at the latest?
(not trying to be an arse, but I', checking up on me US chilli forums, and yes, very quiet there because it's early Sat morning lol)

LOL - true, true!

Would they really ban for so little?

It's not like you told them that you were an atheist who believes guns should be locked up, and that you once met a muslim guy that you didn't immediately suspect of being a terrorist.

You just said that in your opinion Smogs were a bit shit really.

Not a ban, but the mods will likely watch the post to see if any goes south in a brush dis-fest, or unkind words are directed at a favoured (paying) vendor.

Besides, it fair enough. I really don't get all the 830 has masses of backbone hype that goes on over there, it simply doesn't. People buy it because it's a soft boar.

The 1305 doesn't have any backbone either. I used to think it did, but it just has a soft moppy top and an immovably glued knot that is set firm a good way up the bristles. It's not bad, but when I used a properly set knot that wasn't flared I found out what a good boar feels and works like.

But they're not expensive and that's the problem for makers. Smog have come up with a way to max out the profits, with a cleverly made product that aims to imitate badger more than it does boar. And charge accordingly. They also use nice handles.

At this point can I point out that Mark(o) is an evil, evil man!

Because of Razormonsta's comment above, Mark found me loitering on YKW. He did advise that to get away from most of the crazies there is an Aussie corner, but that you needed to be 45 days old, and have 50+ posts.

The evil man then "Rickrolled" me to the Marco method thread, and told me to play nice with them!

At this point can I point out that Mark(o) is an evil, evil man!

Because of Razormonsta's comment above, Mark found me loitering on YKW. He did advise that to get away from most of the crazies there is an Aussie corner, but that you needed to be 45 days old, and have 50+ posts.

The evil man then "Rickrolled" me to the Marco method thread, and told me to play nice with them!

So, did you read all 17 pages and post something nice? [insert emoticon of choice here]

You should have alerted him to the "Williams international challenge thread". They sent the Italian guru a puck of Williams which took about six weeks, by which time the thread had swollen to 20 odd pages of sickening "can't wait for the master to tame this soap and give us the difinitive method" type of posts. He then received it, used it once, obviously couldn't get a decent lather out of it, provided little if no advice and proceeded to exhalt about his new born baby which illicited yet another 6 pages of sickly congragulations from his adoring fan base. Absolutely unreal!

You should have alerted him to the "Williams international challenge thread". They sent the Italian guru a puck of Williams which took about six weeks, by which time the thread had swollen to 20 odd pages of sickening "can't wait for the master to tame this soap and give us the difinitive method" type of posts. He then received it, used it once, obviously couldn't get a decent lather out of it, provided little if no advice and proceeded to exhalt about his new born baby which illicited yet another 6 pages of sickly congragulations from his adoring fan base. Absolutely unreal!

Don't you like bambini?

What sort of monster are you - slagging Cella AND hating babies!

Can we expect a fair test of Cella from such a person? I think not

Don't you like bambini?

What sort of monster are you ........

Of course I don't. The little bastards don't even have to shave to get a perfectly smooth skin.

By the way it's remarkably quiet after RM's smokin' Semoque attack.

Of course I don't. The little bastards don't even have to shave to get a perfectly smooth skin.

Clearly disqualifying you from making any derogatory comments about Cella

By the way it's remarkably quiet after RM's smokin' Semoque attack.

I tried to throw some fuel on the fire but no takers

Don't you like bambini?

What sort of monster are you - slagging Cella AND hating babies!

Can we expect a fair test of Cella from such a person? I think not

It wasn't a baby, it was a timely import for a Look!, a bear! reasons. Did anyone actually pick up the Williams thing again? apparently some blokes can use it and like it. But sadly, they are not anointed or know any Italian master barber in the proud tradition....blah blah

Look! A squirrel....