Intro

Yammingtons

Hi all,

Introduced to these forums in the OCAU DE Wet Shaving thread.

Currently I own a EJ DE87, TOBS Sandlewood, a Frank Shaving Badger Brush and a random assortment of blades.

Started wet shaving in 2010 and haven't looked back since - was a huge waste of money spending $40+ on shaving cartridges a month.

Cheers.

grab yourself two deals currently here.
@Nonick is selling a razor and soap for under $40 and @Monsta_AU is selling @Barrister & Mann (B&M) Latha soaps, which are well worth trying.

Hoep your stay is long and fruitful, read the welcome email about privileges and feel free to tell us all where to go :)

Started wet shaving in 2010 and haven't looked back since - was a huge waste of money spending $40+ on shaving cartridges a month.

Cheers.
That's 6 years of $40+ per month you've been spending on your new hobby right?

Welcome YT. Great to have another one that we can send stuff via local post. [emoji6]

What's one tip you've learnt over these years that you wished you heard starting out?

Welcome Yammingtons. Enjoy your stay at Paste & Cut.

Welcome YT sounds like you've saved a lot! Say, can I interest you in a Muhle? [emoji6]

Great to have you here.

Welcome - I'm sure we can easily reverse your savings trend ;)

Another welcome AND endorsement for grabbing some of that Latha soap while you can - great stuff and great buying.

Welcome Yammingtons, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Cheers all - and I missed out on the Muhle unfortunately. I am sure there's plenty of posts on here to help me decide my next razor purchase.

That's 6 years of $40+ per month you've been spending on your new hobby right?

Welcome YT. Great to have another one that we can send stuff via local post. [emoji6]

What's one tip you've learnt over these years that you wished you heard starting out?

Ha, I wish. Old cars aren't that cheap!

I'd definitely say warming of the brush before hand - I let it warm up in some warm water whilst I am in the shower. That and the use of Witch Hazel - used Alum the whole time, but Witch Hazel is amazing, makes my face much less sensitive post shave.

Another welcome AND endorsement for grabbing some of that Latha soap while you can - great stuff and great buying.

Yep - sent him a PM just now.

Welcome Yammington,
You must be a special person to show that much restraint in 5 years.
I had accumulated more gear in a month than you have.
Just goes to show you don't need to spend money to enjoy wet shaving.
Cheers and enjoy

Never really picked it up as a hobby, moved to it as I was a tight arse :LOL:. Definitely need to scratch the itch now, no idea why but the bug has bit me! I have purchased some B & M cream off the forums and a stand in the last ~2 days. Already looking at more soaps / creams, razors, bowls / mugs, a new razor and a new brush or two...

Help me

Never really picked it up as a hobby, moved to it as I was a tight arse :LOL:. Definitely need to scratch the itch now, no idea why but the bug has bit me! I have purchased some B & M cream off the forums and a stand in the last ~2 days. Already looking at more soaps / creams, razors, bowls / mugs, a new razor and a new brush or two...

Help me

Seems like you are finally really arriving here - and of course we will all help you to get even MORE :D :D :D

Never really picked it up as a hobby, moved to it as I was a tight arse [emoji38]. Definitely need to scratch the itch now, no idea why but the bug has bit me! I have purchased some B & M cream off the forums and a stand in the last ~2 days. Already looking at more soaps / creams, razors, bowls / mugs, a new razor and a new brush or two...

Help me
My name is @Yammingtons and I'm a wet shaver… … …