Just an intro

Falcon43

I just wanted to say hello. I got started wet shaving about 10 years ago to save money. It wasn't until recently that I started looking for forums to see what I could learn. After some reading , I have found and begun to try some of the great information that can be found. Thank you everyone for all the help.

Hi Falcon.

Good to have you here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Falcon! Sounds like you made the switch at a good time, you must have saved a fair chunk of change over 10 years!

10 years - that makes you an elder statesman!

So what are the tools of the trade for you?

Oh, welcome BTW!

Hello Falcon. Sounds like you're an old hand at this.

Thank you Pjotr. I do have a few shaves under my belt but know there is still lots to learn.

Hi Falcon.

Good to have you here.

Thank you Jug.

Welcome Falcon! Sounds like you made the switch at a good time, you must have saved a fair chunk of change over 10 years!

Thank you Mong. I think you may be right but now I am finding out there is more than that to this whole affair. I'm sure that I will change now that I read just how much fun there is to be had.

10 years - that makes you an elder statesman!

So what are the tools of the trade for you?

Oh, welcome BTW!

Thank you Mark. Elder, yes , statesman, I don't know about that. Yes I have been wet shaving for a while but I haven't been trying out any of the toys. It has always just been a means to an end until now.
I am using a stainless Feather razor. I have only started to experiment with blades. I got Feathers with the razor and like them a lot. But being old I had ordered Wilkinson's and have to get through those. I just ordered a sample pack so I can experiment some. I still have plenty of toys to try out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome indeed.....always interesting to hear what folks have been doing/using and also picking up from newer devotees like ourselves. Haha you've got us all waiting now, so queue the drum roll please Maestro......

Welcome Falcon.

The feather all stainless loks like a nice piece of kit. I love the feather blades for 2 shaves but they just up and quit on me and get very "bitey" after that :mad:

Welcome indeed.....always interesting to hear what folks have been doing/using and also picking up from newer devotees like ourselves. Haha you've got us all waiting now, so queue the drum roll please Maestro......

Thanks Nick. The current kit consists of: Feather AS, Astra SP's, MWF, Vulfix #40 30mm knot 60mm loft.

I am working my way through a sample pack of blades to see what I really like. The constant change is what make the whole thing interesting.

Welcome Falcon.

The feather all stainless loks like a nice piece of kit. I love the feather blades for 2 shaves but they just up and quit on me and get very "bitey" after that :mad:

I truly love the Feather AS. I have the same issue with the blades. The first shave is super close,a bit uncomfortable, the second is fantastic, but by the third I know that is the end. It starts to get grabby on me an I get tender from it. (YMMV).