'Melly Clistmas' guys.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Yes, really.
We have a Santa toy and Santa has a cell phone in his hand.
Squeeze the other hand and the phone rings, lights flash and a very Oriental voice (dare I say 'Chinese'), says "Ho Ho Ho. This is Santa. What do you want for Clistmas"?
Another message is 'Melly Clistmas'...so in keeping with the time of year I'm wishing you all...a 'Very Melly Clistmas'.
I'm being dragged away out bush for a few days (to a place infested with sandflies and grandkids). Told it will be 'good for you'.
Oh yeah, watch this space.
So I will be away from here for a while (heading off tomorrow). You are welcome to feel sorry for me.
I'll be back with sunburn and itchy bites. I really am happy with staying in my air conditioned comfort.
Yeah...keep safe and 'Melly Clistmas to All'.

giphy.gif

Wonders if heavily mentholated products help with sandfly itch...

Will be nice to have a Xmas.

We are scheduled to fly tomorrow morning to the Gold coast. BUT my daughter and I don't have our mandatory Covid test results back yet done Wednesday morning. If they don't come through Xmas morning we can't get in. Anyone with kids will know what this means when your kid has written to Santa saying to deliver at her grandfather's. Don't know how we will swing this.

What a joke. Qld require the PCR test within 72 hrs of flying but VIC can't process the tests in that time. Tonight has sucked but we are packed and can booked if by some miracle results get SMS to me overnight before 9am.

Alternative is we board but get moved to quarantine for Xmas day until results come in negative. That would be fun

Bar humbug

What a joke. Qld require the PCR test within 72 hrs of flying but VIC can't process the tests in that time.
That seems to be pretty common. Our neighbours have offspring just arrived in TAS from Newcastle, vaxxed and tested, but with no result yet, so the whole family is in quarantine barring a Christmas Day SMS.

Actually, from my point of view, it might not be a bad thing. I was considering taking the canoe out on a lake and maybe giving the trout a good laugh at my flyfishing skills...

Will be nice to have a Xmas.

We are scheduled to fly tomorrow morning to the Gold coast. BUT my daughter and I don't have our mandatory Covid test results back yet done Wednesday morning. If they don't come through Xmas morning we can't get in. Anyone with kids will know what this means when your kid has written to Santa saying to deliver at her grandfather's. Don't know how we will swing this.

What a joke. Qld require the PCR test within 72 hrs of flying but VIC can't process the tests in that time. Tonight has sucked but we are packed and can booked if by some miracle results get SMS to me overnight before 9am.

Alternative is we board but get moved to quarantine for Xmas day until results come in negative. That would be fun

Bar humbug

Hope this worked out for you mate.

We did all the same, four hours waiting to be tested and then told up to 3 days for results but luckily got them in 24 hours. To rub salt into the wounds there was NO checking of arrivals at Brisbane the day we arrived and a friend who flew up a couple of days later said the same thing.

QLD tourist operators not happy either …