Mergress XL

~Spyne~

(Posted this on BB, but meant to post here - stupid multi-tabs)

Well, I shelled out $145 for a Mergress XL to replace my Edwin Jagger DE89L. I've had it for a couple of months now and tried it with all my available blades;
7OC Black
7OC Yellow
Feather
PermaSharp Super
Personna IR

Contemplating either a different (vintage) adjustable like a Slim or '69 Super Adjustable (Black Beauty) from Above The Tie, or going back to the DE89 head, but on the Muhle Rosegold R89.

I love the adjustability of the Mergress, and the build is fantastic, but I just can't seem to get consistently close, irritation-free shaves like I could with the DE89. The only blade that seems to work well in the Mergress is the 7OC Black, which are becoming harder to find (replaced by the blue-wrapper variants).

Any recommendations on the best vintage adjustable that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (<$120)?

Any recommendations on the best vintage adjustable that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (<$120)?

You mean like an Executive Adjustable, 1960s Aristocrat Adjustable or short handled Super Adjustable on this sale thread?

Heck, why not but them all! I might even throw in a couple of user grade adjustables if you did :D

Know you probably don't want to consider another Merkur, but I find that the Futur is the best of their adjustables.
If you can find someone close that will lone you one. It's worth a try.

Do you want to sell Mergress ?

Hello Spyne - I read you do not like your Mergress - are you interested in selling it ?

My name is Frank and I live in Sydney