Message to Admins

Lynchy-Snr

Hi guys,
Sorry in advance as I know this isn't the right place to post this but I couldn't find anywhere to contact admins directly or couldn't get access to post it anywhere else.
I understand that forums have rules, such as you need x amount of posts to be able to post in certain areas or to join sub groups etc.
Where do you find out what these requirements are.
I totally agree with these restrictions in regards to BST, Pif post etc, as you want to try to ensure the integrity of the group and ensure that members can do this with confidence.
What I am finding hard is that if I have an interest in a certain aspect of this great hobby, ie: straight shaving, S/E, etc and I see a post that I like or agree with that I can't make comment on it.
As I mentioned before, I joined here a while ago, but because of ease of use on the phone and tablet, I have mainly stuck with Facebook groups.
I have been trying to remember to log in regularly and like the fact that this is an Aussie based site.
Not trying to stir up any trouble just asking some questions.
Cheers and thanks,
Lynchy Snr

I don't know who the gate keeping works, but post in the main forums that you can post, and privileges open up quickly.

I understand that forums have rules, such as you need x amount of posts to be able to post in certain areas or to join sub groups etc.
Where do you find out what these requirements are.
Usually there is an email sent when you sign up. I can't recall receiving one but it's likely to have either been missed in the daily deluge or gone to the SPAM folder.

The requirements are very very minimal really:
- post a few times (where you can eg Welcome area)
AND
- Make sure you LIKE some posts.

I think that's it. Most people post comments but forget to like other comments. It's an overlooked feature.

And once you're in- you're in. No lock down or minimum posts. Sorry mate, but you'll be stuck here for life! No one has been banned (apart from @GThomas but they let him back in). To tell you the truth, they're a little too free and easy... They let anyone in with just a few posts and likes... Scary really...

(PS Like this comment and the two above and I think you're in! [emoji6])

OFFICIAL WARNING - just watch it you or the ban stick will come out on you!!

[Well I think it will - I don't have it ]

Last edited by a moderator:
..........Make sure you LIKE some posts...........

Yeah that part sucks. I gave up liking posts when I discovered that I couldn't dislike posts which is something I prefer to do much more.

........... No one has been banned (apart from @GThomas but they let him back in)..........

Yeah the circumstances surrounding the Thomas G affair are vague. I've got a feeling GT makes more of it than ever happened because it makes him feel like a rebel. We let him. He was never banned to my knowledge, maybe asked to tone a comment down. And coming from Drubbing it must have been something horrendous.

On the whole the entry screening to this site is pretty laid back I'd say.

@Lynchy-Snr , just go to your own introductory thread and post a few meaningless blah blahs. I don't think anybody will hold it against you. There's no rule saying that posts have to be meaningful. Most posts here aren't anyhow.

Also if you enjoy looking at the forum on your phone try getting the tapatalk app* - and logging on the to the forum there, it's the easiest way to use it on a phone.

*You won't be able to shave using the app, you'll still need a real razor to shave with, preferable a straight

@Lynchy-Snr Is the last bloke you need to worry about, very laid back and a nice guy. Btw... Is that one my GDs in your profile pic? Hahaha!. Sorry couldn't help but notice!

@borked I remember you showing some interest in a coticule. Lynchy could tell you a thing or two about them since he uses them.