My new (restored T&H Badger)

JugV2

Simply boring.
I gave Pjotr my old second hand Truefitt & Hill handle to restore to its former glory and to reknot.

It took a while but I took delivery of it today.

I will take some pics tonight and post in this thread.

Excuse the poor camera work, this a shot taken on my Galaxy S3.

Better pics to come tonight.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxb1s630yfnasmz/2014-06-25 14.05.14.jpg

EDIT:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ED0D3D17D38D665!268&authkey=!AFg4t0CVOLOj6sw&ithint=folder,

Link to my skydrive images of the brush if you are interested.

Last edited:
I should hope so, I think I sold you that one. really nice brush to start off with, turned into a luxury mop…

What did the Brushmaster put in there?

24mm is good, how high did it turn out, that'll determine how firm it'll be.

TGN finest is damn good though. PJ got a 24mm fan shaped into my Dad's vulfix, around 45-50mm tall? While it's not Simpson firm, it's no mop.

Might get @Pjotr to chime in here with the specs

From memory it's 50mm. Was a 22mm knot which actually works out at 24mm as they all have this "knuckle" above the base. The knot with base is 65mm. Set it as deep as I could without compromising the proportions to ensure (as much as possible) that it retains firmness. Unfortunately, not owning a shotgun and the paucity of badgers here in WA means I'm reliant on the quality of knot produced by TGN. How about kangaroo or wombat or koala? Plenty of pigs but who wants to cruise around pig slaughterhouses with a razor to cut harvest bristle.

From memory it's 50mm. Was a 22mm knot which actually works out at 24mm as they all have this "knuckle" above the base. The knot with base is 65mm. Set it as deep as I could without compromising the proportions to ensure (as much as possible) that it retains firmness. Unfortunately, not owning a shotgun and the paucity of badgers here in WA means I'm reliant on the quality of knot produced by TGN. How about kangaroo or wombat or koala? Plenty of pigs but who wants to cruise around pig slaughterhouses with a razor to cut harvest bristle.
Hmm, Tassie Devils look like they have quite coarse hair, and they are dying out in their millions.

Could be an enterprising business for @glenos

I reckon they could improve the looks of some on here.

I can see the job description now, wanted Tasmanian Devil bristle collector, must not be too attached to keeping all your fingures.

They really are agro little shits

Reminds me of the thread YKW by the guy who hit a badger with his car (?) and wondered if a couple of brushes could be made from it ...

Cletus is one fine example of a gentleman.

Wears his hat only outdoors and doff's (is that a word) his hat it to womenfolk and always takes it off when going indoors.

Smokes damn fine cigars and keeps a journal written on the finest vellum with a Mont Blanc fountain pen.

Using only .............fuck it, you get the picture.

I am a bit of a Cletus myself in some regards but damn, I am not a bloody gentleman even if I do act polite at times and use discerning shit.

It's good - bit of a smell to it but that's to be expected.

I used La Toja stick with it and underestimated how much it needs to get going, but once I worked it out it blossomed.

It holds a good amount of lather, blooms over the face quite well and all in all I am very happy with it.

The other brush in those pics is the Boeckhs that I bought from Mark and PJ reconditioned for me.