New cheap FULL stainless steel razor

We do not anticipate making the handles any
larger/heavier in the future.
Guess considering they've mentioned they're steel and it state upon the site it's stainless, that's a confirmation.
Don't think they're going to confirm/deny who makes them beyond what they've already said.

How many are interested ? (is it worth a bulk order ?)

As stated before I am interested. Is it just the mixed head?

At this stage, a mixed head, yet I personally will be awaiting the symmetrical head that they anticipate in a month or two.
Heck, if I'm able to, I will see if we can get it directly/drop shipped here without going to them first.

Very surprised to get home and find mine has already arrived. First impressions are that it looks good. I must admit i didnt have high expectations but for that price was worth the risk. Looking forward to trying it tonight
V
ywQmy1m.jpg

Very surprised to get home and find mine has already arrived. First impressions are that it looks good. I must admit i didnt have high expectations but for that price was worth the risk. Looking forward to trying it tonight
V
ywQmy1m.jpg

Is that the full Ambassador mate, or just the handle?

Be interesting to hear how the asymmetrical head does and if waiting for symmetrical heads is worth it.

Be interesting to hear how the asymmetrical head does and if waiting for symmetrical heads is worth it.

I just finished using it and for the first pass used the open comb on one side of my face and the closed side on the other. After the first pass there was no noticeable difference to touch. On the second pass i flipped it around randomly like i do with any razor but i think i prefer the closed side. I've never had any open combs that I've been super impressed with though. Both sides required very little effort and were comfortable despite a little bit of "shuddering" across the skin. Its gonna take a few more shaves, blades and soaps until I've made up my mind on this razor. The end result was good. I'm impressed but not blown away, probably as expected.

I still don't understand the idea behind the asymmetrical head. Does anyone have a theory or find such a head desirable?

Theorise that they see it as providing the best of both worlds.
Reality is anything but...

@boldsworth how are you two getting along these days ?
I ask, as the symmetrical head versions should be in soon, I hope...

@boldsworth how are you two getting along these days ?
I ask, as the symmetrical head versions should be in soon, I hope...
Good question mate. I've probably only used it half a dozen times but i am happy with it, especially for the cost. I still need to try some different blades, etc. So far it seems like it produces a very close shave. WTG and ATG passes resulting in what i would call very close to BBS. I do not have the thickest beard however, nor has the shave been smooth. There is a bit of scratching and it doesn't glide as smooth as some but there has been nil irritation and very few nicks.
In summary, it needs more analysis. It will not be banished to the "drawer of no return" however i'm yet to decide it will become a weapon of choice.

I heard it's more on the aggressive side...

Symmetrical heads are indefinitely postponed, apparently not enough interest.

Not enough interest in a Symmetrical head, does that mean there is enough interest in an Asymmetrical head?

Is what they've currently in stock.

Right, and no one is interested in those so this thing is going the way of the dodo.