New Dude, Old game.... Melbourne

Now I'm excited. @Mark1966 had some Conk Amber in the package I purchased from him. It is sitting in the cupboard still. After the glowing reports you blokes have given Conk's, I can't wait to try it (says he tongue in cheek). Thanks for the recommendations (or warnings).

To be clear here;

a) it was a freebie, and
b) you were mixing CE soaps and some cream to make a uber lather

I figured if you can do it with CE you can do it with CC!

To be clear here;

a) it was a freebie, and
b) you were mixing CE soaps and some cream to make a uber lather

I figured if you can do it with CE you can do it with CC!

I was by no means having a go at you @Mark1966, I am just surprised that there is such a united front on this being an underwhelming soap. Conk appears to be a very popular brand around the net. I was referring to the soap ... ... ... I'm so cheap, I'll try anything for free. I may become a trendsetter and everybody on this forum will now want Conk's.

And your personal support of myself and wife cannot be faulted. (the other blokes probably aren't aware of your "giving" extras to me through the 3 or 4 dealings/purchases I've had from you and the Gillette Lady's razor). I would dare not say a cross or cynical word against you lest my wife slapped me.

And please explain to a bloke who lives a simple life ... ... ... what is a uber lather?

Uber lather is one derived from a mix of two or more shave soaps/croaps/creams, in the hope to alleviate the shortcomings of one or more of the items or enhance an already good product with another.
For example, I used a sample of RazoRock XXX combined with Proraso Red.
It lathered up well and the warmer notes of the Red supplemented the overt floral nature of XXX.
Others have combined Burt's Bees shave soap with other soaps, as Burt's Bees apparently does not later at all either, yet has a wonderful scent.

Last edited:
I was by no means having a go at you @Mark1966,

Didn't think you were mate - sorry if it came across that way.

I am just surprised that there is such a united front on this being an underwhelming soap. Conk appears to be a very popular brand around the net. I was referring to the soap ... ... ... I'm so cheap, I'll try anything for free. I may become a trendsetter and everybody on this forum will now want Conk's.

It is a dog, with fleas, but could be used possibly as a base for a ...

And please explain to a bloke who lives a simple life ... ... ... what is a uber lather?

which was nicely explained by @borked

See, you were doing advanced techniques without even realising it! Indeed I figured that anybody that could get C&E to work could do anything with a soap!

Hello and welcome FE. I might be a bit late but stuck in Europe at the moment and don't log on as much.