New from Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarky

Hi All,

Firstly thanks for approving my request to join the forum. I have just this week got back into DE shaving after many years going back to the dark side of cartridge and electric razors. I was into DE many years ago spent a fortune, and have only just got back in.

Already I have purchased a new razor brush and an assortment of creams and soaps. Much has changed and it looks like many Artisan soap makers make good creams and soaps, keen to get to try some of these, but availability is not great in Australia.

Look forward to spending time here.

Thanks

Clarky

Hi Clarky and welcome to the forum. Great to see that you have come back to the fold after your brush with cartridges.

What sort of brush, razor and soaps have you acquire?

Already I have purchased a new razor brush and an assortment of creams and soaps. Much has changed and it looks like many Artisan soap makers make good creams and soaps, keen to get to try some of these, but availability is not great in Australia.

I am sure that @SydBJW can help you there!

Keep an eye out for the Melbourne meetups, and welcome.

Thanks for the warm welcome

My stash so far

1. Merkur 34c HD razor
2. Vulfix Brush #2233
3. TOBS - Rose and Lavendar
4. Proraso White Soap
5. Body Shop Maca Root

Keen to try these artisan soaps though. It's good to be back into DE shaving, had my first shave last night with a DE for many years, forgot how good the experience was plus the irritation free shave.

Welcome to the insanity.
Hope your stay is long and mutually fruitful.

Welcome (back) to the dark side :)

Nice kit mate - your favourite gear?

Welcome @Clarky - hopefully this time around you will enjoy it more!

Welcome @Clarky Out of curiosity, what made you switch away from DE shaving originally?

I've only recently joined the wet shaving ranks, so looking forward to seeing you experiences with artisan soaps and hopefully we can jump on the next group buy :)

Thanks all. Favourite gear in the past was my Gillette tech and the castle Forbes and old Coates creams I had. As I'm only back into DE shaving this week currently building my supplies back up.

Welcome @Clarky Out of curiosity, what made you switch away from DE shaving originally?

I've only recently joined the wet shaving ranks, so looking forward to seeing you experiences with artisan soaps and hopefully we can jump on the next group buy :)

not sure why I moved away combination of me spending a small fortune as well as probably the time involved as my life got busier etc I just went back to an electric for a quick shave. Then went back to cartridge the past few months it's ripped my face apart. Hence the move back to DE plus I enjoy all the different soaps and scents. The canned goo is no comparison. I had my return shave a few days ago with TOBS rose with the Mercury 34c and super iridium blade irritation free shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.