New Stainless Steel Razor: Wolfman WR1

filobiblic

Facepeeler Extraordinare
State Convenor - NSW
Group Buy Caporegime
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2015 Sabbatical Fail
Just thought I'd post it here for comment and discussion: introducing the Wolfman WR1 razor.

Yet another razor manufacturer enters the market! I like that it's from Canada and a different design (as well as being all Stainless steel). Oh- and it's not started on KickStarter is a bonus...

As usual with anything @filobiblic recommends don't expect to actually be able to buy one - they are pretty much all sold out!!!!! :)

There are still some handles available...! I'm sure there will be more in time. Just email. [emoji6]

Yeah, one (ugly) style of handle!

You are such a tease mate - or is this a result of sabbatical envy ?

Yeah, one (ugly) style of handle!

You are such a tease mate - or is this a result of sabbatical envy ?
[emoji56] I didn't know you were still collecting razors?

$50 international post (n)

$50 international post (n)
Criminal isn't it?'
But it's free postage to Canada/US so that's what mail forwarders are for...

Waiting to see how they compare to the BBS-1 I was planning in getting...

Waiting to see how they compare to the BBS-1 I was planning in getting...
Similar "chunky" design but I like how WR has different head options, as well as different handles. (All of which you can buy separately.) This is a little cheaper than the BBS-1 (US$225) as well. I wonder how the fit and finish is compared to the Above the Tie razor set?

BBS-1 Razor by the LA Shaving Soap Company

Waiting for chamn's report at YKW ;)

Whilly Kaw looks interesting...

Well here's a teaser comparison from LeisureGuy on the two razors. There's also some further stats on the razors themselves.
(An interesting fact raised is that Wolfman Razors also made the BBS-1 for LA Shaving...)
Unfortunately not too much razor comparison...

Unfortunately not too much razor comparison...
That's LeisureGuy for you. More banter and less detail. Although it's more detailed comparison than he normally does.

Whilly Kaw looks interesting...
But he admits he is a wimp as far as mentholated soaps go.
Not sure the scents appeal to me, but I'm on the lookout for something mentholated that doesn't cost a fortune to hit these shores.

From the pix alone they seem to have a very nice quality of finish BUT as I see the heads are ~$CAD125, handles another $CAD75 and then there's the kick in the teeth for INTL buyers of a flat $50 charge (which is insulting given there's no way it costs anymore than $CAD20 for a fully tracked delivery to Oz, which I'm sure would be perhaps double the charge to a US address, which as noted is FREE!).

So for a full razor you're down $CAD200 plus up to 50 in postage, perhaps as little as $20 via a forwarder - $220-250 all up.

I compare the Weber razor to that (albeit when they're available) and whats that 2-3 Webers? Like I said many moons ago when I was the first to buy one, they're a very good buy! But credit to this razor as it's got a very nice looking head but I think the handle is a tad ugly and could have some balance and ease of grip issues

From the pix alone they seem to have a very nice quality of finish BUT as I see the heads are ~$CAD125, handles another $CAD75 and then there's the kick in the teeth for INTL buyers of a flat $50 charge (which is insulting given there's no way it costs anymore than $CAD20 for a fully tracked delivery to Oz, which I'm sure would be perhaps double the charge to a US address, which as noted is FREE!).

So for a full razor you're down $CAD200 plus up to 50 in postage, perhaps as little as $20 via a forwarder - $220-250 all up.

I compare the Weber razor to that (albeit when they're available) and whats that 2-3 Webers? Like I said many moons ago when I was the first to buy one, they're a very good buy! But credit to this razor as it's got a very nice looking head but I think the handle is a tad ugly and could have some balance and ease of grip issues

I think (but might be wrong) you get the difference in shipping back...and at least the charge is in CDN.