No More Lurking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psmith

Pmember
Hi. Time to introduce myself. Long time lurker, first time poster. Been DE shaving for about a year. Not sure how I got from 'I wonder what using a brush is like?' to 'I absolutely need to have that 20th soap' but I'm sure someone here can explain.

I've already learned a lot from everyone on this forum and look forward to learning much more.

But before I go on let's get one thing straight....

Sabbatical? Aint gonna happen. ;)

Welcome to the insanity, hope your stay is long and mutually beneficial :)

Welcome @Psmith - please tell us a bit more about your setup

Hi. Time to introduce myself. Long time lurker, first time poster.......

Hello and welcome Psmith

But before I go on let's get one thing straight...

Don't do the straight thing, because a simple shaving sabbatical will seem like heaven compared to what your bank manager will do to you.

.........Sabbatical? Aint gonna happen. ;)

I see you're countering my standard greeting. Sad. You've just basically submitted yourself to the mercy of a pack of screaming hyenas.

Welcome @Psmith - please tell us a bit more about your setup
I started with a Simpson Special 1 in Best. Fantastic brush which I still use regularly. Rotate that with a Duke 2, Persian Jar and Shavemac Silvertip.
My go to razor as of now is a Merkur 1904 with an Astra or Personna blade. I started with an EJ89 (great razor that taught me a lot, but too mild for my hair) and just received an iKon DLC Slant for Christmas (from myself).
Of the soaps I use I'm a huge fan of the D.R Harris Arlington, MWF, Al's Goodfellas and Razorock King Louis.
But I've recently been blown away by Shaver Heaven Soaps. It's amazing to me that we have such an impressive soap maker right there in Melbourne. This soap stands with the best in the world. Which reminds me.......Boxing day sale about to close, better get on with my order.

Welcome aboard mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.