Non Russian Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, anything Gillette will be either PPI St Petersburg (Gillette Platinums, Silver Blues, Stainless, Rubie, Nacet, Polsilver/Super Iridium, 7 O'clock Green Stainless, 7OC Yellows, Permasharps, Astra - both types) or out of India (7 O'clock Green Permasharps, or 7OC Black Super Stainless, other less available blades)

There a few others made by Mostochlegmash in Russia - Ladas, Rapira, Voskhod, Sputnik.

Most of the stock out there will have been manufactured in 2019 or maybe 2020 and well before this happened. You have ruled out most of the decent modern blades, which come from St Petes.

If you don’t want Russian blades then try the Personna blades. There is more than one version (red, blue, lab prep) and I like them as much as the Russian blades. There are also blades made in India that are quite good (SuperMax Super Platinum, Gillette 7 O'clock Blacks, Gillette 7 O'clock Green) and some that are not so good. There is also Bic from Greece, but I hated those. There are also razor blades made in Germany but I didn’t like any of them (Wilkinsons, Merkur) but you may. I may have missed some due to old age and senility. 😁

Last edited:
I recently got some Egyptian origin Asco blades free, which is the only way I would have tried them as I had a dumb preconceived idea that they'd be bad. To me, they are at least as good as Nacet or Minora SS, possibly better. I got a week out of the first blade and it could have gone a bit longer, but I don't see the point in pushing blades too far when they are cheap. I've only used them in a Lupo 72, but they give me a fantastic shave with no irritation, that lasts all day. These suckers are cheap too if you look around. https://connaughtshaving.com/ascoss.html

That will only hurt the poor bastards working in the blade factory, they have nothing to do with Putin.

I don't agree either with this kind of boycot.

Really all it hurts is the shops that sell the blades. The factory has already been paid for the blades, it's the shop owners that have purchased them to sell to the public that pay the price for this kind of thing and they, like the factorys, are innocents.

OK, well this thread will now be closed.

Remember the rules -

We subscribe to one simple Golden Forum Rule: DON'T BE A DICK. Follow the golden rule and you won't have any problems.

Since some people have problems understanding what the golden rule means in practice, here's a few more specific examples of how not to be a dick:

1. This is a forum aimed at people who shave, or like shaving, or find it sexy or whatever. That includes humans of all types - races, religions, sexual orientations and political persuasions. All are welcome. If you want to make someone feel unwelcome, stop being a dick.
  2. Personal attacks will not be tolerated as they are a dick move. Discuss the topic at hand.
  3. Certain topics are verboten on this site and will not be entertained in public discussion as it more often than not turns people into dicks. If you want to discuss the following topics, kindly go elsewhere to do so:
    • Religion or fraternal orders of any sort;
    • Politics, political parties or personalities;
    • Either side of the Abortion or Vaccination debates;
    • Vegetarianism/Veganism, and Paleos too for that matter.
  4. Being a vendor and pushing your business and website with a personal account. Definite dick move that. Read below if this is you.

We have no problem with people sharing opposing views, but once it gets to inflammatory posts, those designed simple to provoke a response or personal attacks it is not OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.