Other instruments apart from Razors

lastkey

While we are fascinated by metal objects, particularly razors, how many here are interested in writing instruments? It could be anything fountain pens, ballpoints. Anything you would like to talk about and share?

Personality I don't like writing altogether and the thought of paying good $$ for instruments to write with is crazy.........

..... But then again that's EXACTLY what I thought about shaving gear before getting into DE shaving, even worse I thought anyone discussing shaving in a forum was mentally unstable

Look at me now ma!!!!

Personality I don't like writing altogether and the thought of paying good $$ for instruments to write with is crazy.........

..... But then again that's EXACTLY what I thought about shaving gear before getting into DE shaving, even worse I thought anyone discussing shaving in a forum was mentally unstable

Look at me now ma!!!!
When I write, my brain synthesises the content better.

I used to have way too many fountain pens, but over the last couple of years I've whittled the collection down to a few Waterman vintage flex pens, one modern Waterman, a couple of Pilot/Namiki Capless/Vanishing Point and a couple of basket cases. A couple of months ago, I did treat myself to this Sailor 1911S with a nice, simple 14K Music nib. (Japanese nibs are usually a size finer than Western equivalents, so this is similar to a BB Italic.) It's a plastic pen, but I couldn't be happier with the way it writes.

I got in the habit of using a real pen at school from the age of 7, we weren't permitted to write with anything else, though we did have the choice of using a dipper or fountain pen. I never did much like ballpoints (or biros as we used to call them), but they're useful for addressing envelopes or packages I'm worried may get wet.

I used to have way too many fountain pens, but over the last couple of years I've whittled the collection down to a few Waterman vintage flex pens, one modern Waterman, a couple of Pilot/Namiki Capless/Vanishing Point and a couple of basket cases. A couple of months ago, I did treat myself to this Sailor 1911S with a nice, simple 14K Music nib. (Japanese nibs are usually a size finer than Western equivalents, so this is similar to a BB Italic.) It's a plastic pen, but I couldn't be happier with the way it writes.

I got in the habit of using a real pen at school from the age of 7, we weren't permitted to write with anything else, though we did have the choice of using a dipper or fountain pen. I never did much like ballpoints (or biros as we used to call them), but they're useful for addressing envelopes or packages I'm worried may get wet.
My schooling was similar; we were only allowed to use fountain pens. It was only at the university did I start to use ballpoints. Fountain pens are much nice to write with, but they have their own quirks such as inking them, can't leave them uncapped like a ballpoint. But still, I love fountain pens a; nothingrovides better handwriting and writing experience than a fountain pen. My favourites are smaller stub nibs of 0.5mm and 0.7mm and one SIG nib from Franklin Christoph.

Sailor has always been a pleasure to write with, although I found 1911s to be smaller for my taste, so I mostly used a few 1911, Pro Gear pens. I also had Sailor King of Pen at one point. Now I don't have a single Sailor. They were the easiest to sell. I never bonded with Waterman pens. I only liked Waterman Crene but that's it. Capless/Vanishing are excellent pens.

You forgot to mention the inks :). Inks are what shaving soaps are to shavers. You can never have enough.

You forgot to mention the inks :). Inks are what shaving soaps are to shavers. You can never have enough.
On the contrary, I recently gave away quite a few... :p

I've gone through phases over the decades, from blacks through turquoise, royal blue, midnight, blurple and now blue/green (Robert Oster Blue Denim). I occasionally dabble in other colours, but I don't like to have too many bottles at once.

MOAR. I’ve just grabbed a few pens. It seems I have some ink to get through. 😅Although in a vintage pen I stick basically to Waterman Serenity.

BTW, keep that Baystate Blue away from any of your vintage pens, it stains everything it touches. It's a loud and proud colour, but you might not want for everyday use.