PIF No. 20 (Worldwide) - Restored Gold Dollar 66 with shave-ready edge

rbscebu

Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia
This is the final GD66 available that was provided by @mark123abc0. It was very rare razor having slipped through Gold Dollar's very stringent and highly regarded quality control with a set of faulty OEM scales. I have corrected the blade's heel (being an older model GD66) and re-scaled the razor using European maple timber with brass pins and a lead wedge. This re-scale has also much better balanced the razor towards the pivot pin. This raqzor is supplied shave-ready to my standard.

FysmxDW.jpg

ci9TSQ1.jpg

cY7tOsI.jpg

Technical Details (approximate measurements):
Maker = Ningbo Gold Dollar Razor & Scissors Manufacture Co., Ltd., Zhejiang, China​
Model = 66​
Year of manufacture = pre-2022​
Blade material = high carbon steel​
Point style = Dutch​
Grind = half hollow​
Blade width = 21mm (⅞)​
Bevel angle = 19.5°​
Blade thickness = 0.20mm at top of bevel​
Edge length = 65mm​
Stabilizers = none​
Jimps = bottom of shank​
Tail length = 24mm opened 270°​
Scales material = European maple timber​
Pins = 2 of brass with small silver/nickel collars​
Wedge = lead tapered​
Length closed = 163mm​
Balance (opened 180°) = 14mm from pivot pin towards blade​
Mass = 57g​

Condition:
This straight razor is in new condition. The shave-ready razor has been used in shave-testing only and, when found satisfactory and then the edge has been refreshed. The heel/stabiliser area has been ground to a new profile to remove the stabilisers. The blade's finish quality is up to Gold Dollar's normal standard (which is not that high).​

Note: This straight razor is suitable for a beginner into the gentlemanly art or a more experienced SR shaver.​

Rules:
1. This PIF is open to P&C members worldwide.​
2. You must have a member of P&C on 14 September 2024.​
3. If any of the following P&C member win this PIF, they must return their previously won shave-ready GD66 to me for edge refreshing to again be offered as a PIF.​
5. The winner is to pay postage within 72 hours of winning (see postal rates below).​
4. This PIF remains open until the razor has been won.​

How to enter:
This PIF requires some skilful guessing. I have thought of a number between 1 and 20 inclusive. You need to guess that number (a whole number and it is not 3, 8, 10, 14 or 20 that won previous PIFs). You are allowed multiple guesses however each of your guesses must be at least 24 hours apart. To win this PIF, just post "I'm in" with your guess of the number. [e.g., I'm in 14]. First to guess the correct number will win.​
If you find that this SR is not for you, all I ask is that you return the razor to me. I will then refresh the blade's edge and PIF it to another member.​

Postage Rates:

Australia
= AU$3.45 delivered within 5 to 10 business days
New Zealand = AU$18.30(about NZ$19.95) delivered within 8 to 12 business days
Asia/Pacific = AU$22.40 (about US$15.00) delivered within 10 to 18 business days
US/Canada = AU$25.00 (about US$16.75) delivered within 6 to 10 business days
Europe/UK & Brazil = AU$30.80 (about US$20.65 delivered within 6 to 10 business days
Rest of world = AU$37.40 (about US$25.10) delivered within 15 to 25 business days