PIF No. 21 (Worldwide) - Simpsons Special Best Badger S1 Chubby

rbscebu

Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia
Try as I might, I just could not get this brush to work for me and hold enough lather for a three-pass full face shave. I face lather and my thinking is that this brush may be more suited to someone who bowl lathers or does not require their shaving bush to hold a lot of lather. As I received this brush as a PIF, I believe it only right that I should PIF it along.

uSnobXC.jpg

DVuvEAr.jpg

Technical Details (approximate measurements):

Maker = Simpsons, Great Britten​
Model = S1​
Year of manufacture = Unknown​
Hair = Best or pure badger​
Overall height = 92mm​
Handle height = 50mm​
Knot loft = 42mm​
Knot diameter = 18mm​
Mass = 52g​
Handle material = Resin (white)​
Recommended retail price (new) = ₤52.30 (AU$102) plus shipping from the UK​
Condition:

This brush is in used but very good condition. I have experienced no brush hair loss in the approximate 20 times that I have shaved with this brush.​

Rules:

1. This PIF is open to P&C members worldwide.​
2. You must have been a member of P&C on 22 September 2024.​
3. The winner is to pay postage via PayPal, bank transfer or BTC within 72 hours of winning (see postal rates below).​
4. This PIF remains open until 0001hrs UTC (10:01am AEST) 30 September 2024.​

How to enter:

This PIF requires skill. I have measured out a level teaspoon (5ml) of uncooked white rice. The rice has a mass of 4g on my kitchen scales. Your job is to determine how many grains of rice I have. You may change your determination as any time up until the closing date of this PIF. Your determination must not be the same as any other entrant's most recent number. To win this PIF, just post "I'm in" with your number. [e.g., I'm in 44]. The closest to the correct number wins. If two entries are equally as close, the earliest entry of the two will win.​
I have no idea as to the number of rice grains that I have measured out. I will count them once this PIF is closed.​

If you find that this brush is not for you, all I ask is that you PIF it to another P&C member.​

Postage Rates:
Australia = AU$12.60 delivered within 7 to 10 business days​
New Zealand = AU$18.30(about NZ$19.95) delivered within 8 to 12 business days​
Asia/Pacific = AU$22.40 (about US$15.00) delivered within 10 to 18 business days​
US/Canada = AU$25.00 (about US$16.75) delivered within 6 to 10 business days​
Europe/UK & Brazil = AU$30.80 (about US$20.65) delivered within 6 to 10 business days​
Rest of world = AU$37.40 (about US$25.10) delivered within 15 to 25 business days​

Last edited:
You've forgot to add above

PayPal Friendly Fee = AU$2.50 for all International received payment outside of Australia

Sorry my mistake it’s not $3.00AUD

I got hit with a fee charge when receiving money outside of Australia when using PayPal friendly

Last edited:
Special 1
Fantastic little brush. But mine was unfortunately a big shredder 👎🏻. Beard and Blade fixed the problem for me👍🏻.
I used that when I was going for a quick shave 1 pass only.
The winner is gonna be very happy if likes small brushes👍🏻
Good luck 🤞

Special 1
Fantastic little brush. But mine was unfortunately a big shredder 👎🏻. Beard and Blade fixed the problem for me👍🏻.
I used that when I was going for a quick shave 1 pass only.
The winner is gonna be very happy if likes small brushes👍🏻
Good luck 🤞
Small size 18mm knot brush are fantastic for cleaning your bloody keyboard, even if you don’t like it for wet shaving