PIF No. 22 (Worldwide) - Gold Dollar 100 - shave-ready (to my standard)

rbscebu

Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia
Through the benevolence of @Bicep123, I have a much coveted and sort after OEM Gold Dollar 100 up for grabs. This razor has been honed by me to shave-ready.
saLflBN.jpg

adgOpmB.jpg
PBDs9YB.jpg

Technical Details (approximate measurements):

Maker = Ningbo Gold Dollar Razor & Scissors Manufacture Co., Ltd., Zhejiang, China​
Model = 100​
Year of manufacture = unknown​
Blade material = high carbon steel​
Point style = Dutch​
Grind = half hollow​
Blade width = 22mm (⅞)​
Bevel angle = 18.6°​
Blade thickness = 0.25mm at top of bevel​
Edge length = 65mm​
Stabilisers = single each side​
Jimps = top and bottom of shank​
Tail length = 23mm opened 270°​
Scales material = dark green metallic Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) thermoplastic​
Pins = 2 of nickel alloy plus ABS spacer pin​
Wedge = integral with scales​
Length closed = 163mm​
Length opened 180° = 250mm​
Balance (opened 180°) = 27mm from pivot pin towards blade​
Mass = 56g​
Cost new = about AU$15 including shipping plus honing (about AU$50 to AU$70)​

Condition:

This straight razor is in new condition. It has been used in shave-testing only and, when found satisfactory, its edge has been refreshed. The finish quality is up to Gold Dollar's normal standard, which is not that high, but it is better than their 66 model. This razor looks better than the cheaper 66 model and is about equal is shaving quality.​
Note: This straight razor is suitable for a beginner into the gentlemanly art or a more experienced SR shaver.​

Honing:

The razor has been honed (without tape) to my standard of shave-ready. The edge has been finished on diamond pasted balsa to 0.1µm (about 200k grit).​

Rules:

1. This PIF is open to P&C members worldwide.​
2. You must have been a member of P&C on 01 October 2024.​
5. The winner is to pay postage within 72 hours of winning (see postal rates below).​
4. This PIF remains open until won.​

How to enter:

This PIF requires some skilful guessing. I have thought of a number between 1 and 20 inclusive. You need to guess that number (a whole number and it is not 3, 5, 8, 10, 14 or 20 that won previous PIFs). You are allowed multiple guesses however each of your guesses must be at least 24 hours apart. To win this PIF, just post "I'm in" with your guess of the number. [e.g., I'm in 14]. First to guess the correct number will win.​
If you find that this SR is not for you, all I ask is that you return the razor to me. I will then refresh the blade's edge and PIF it to another member.​

Postage Rates:
Australia = AU$3.45 delivered within 5 to 10 business days​
New Zealand = AU$18.30 (about NZ$19.95) delivered within 8 to 12 business days​
Asia/Pacific = AU$22.40 (about US$15.00) delivered within 10 to 18 business days​
US/Canada = AU$25.00 (about US$16.75) delivered within 6 to 10 business days​
Europe/UK & Brazil = AU$30.80 (about US$20.65 delivered within 6 to 10 business days​
Rest of world = AU$37.40 (about US$25.10) delivered within 15 to 25 business days​