PIF - Shave-ready C.V. Heljestrand MK No. 31

rbscebu

Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia
With the kind benevolence of @Holiday, I am able to offer this fine example of the Swedish straight razor making craft. It is a C.V. Heljestrand MK No. 31 from the 1890s to early 20th century.

w51Mf1f.jpg

HaXfSqd.jpg

Technical Details:
Maker = C.J. Heljestrand, Sweeden​
Model = MK No. 31​
Blade material = high carbon steel (Swedish)​
Point style = American (square)​
Grind = near wedge​
Blade width = 11.5mm (4/8)​
Blade thickness = 0.42mm at top of bevel​
Edge length = 66mm​
Stabilizers = one each side​
Jimps = top and bottom of shank​
Tail length = 12mm opened 270°​
Scales material = plastic​
Pins = 2 of brass​
Wedge = tapered plastic​
Length closed = 156mm​
Mass = 35g​

Condition:
This straight razor is in used condition. The blade has been sanded and polished, although there are still some minor pockmarks on the spine and near the top of the grind at the point. The face-side scale has a crack at the pivot pin, although this has been repaired by a previous owner. I have honed this razor (without tape) up to just before finishing. It will be finished on the winners preferred medium of either diamond pasted balsa, hard black Arkansas or vintage coticule.​
Note: I would not recommend this razor to a person just starting out into the gentlemanly art, although it could be suitable for a beginner to keep as something to try later in their SR shaving development.​
Rules:
1. This PIF is open to members worldwide.​
2. You must have been a member of P&C on 13 November 2023.​
3. The winner is to pay postage within 72 hours of winning (see postal rates below).​

How to enter:
To win this PIF, just post "I win". First to post wins the PIF. I will then contact the winner via PM on P&C. The winner will then have 72 hours to pay the postage via PayPal, bank transfer or bitcoin (online or LN).​

If you find that this SR is not for you, all I ask is that you return the razor to me. I will then refresh the blade's edge and PIF it to another member.​

Postage Rates:
Australia = AU$2.70 delivered within 5 to 10 business days​
Rest of world = AU$12.80 (about US$8.15) delivered within 7 to 15 business days​

@sd_baker, I have heard back from Australia Post. Large letters internationally are restricted to paper content only so all SRs sent internationally must go via parcel post 😠.

Fortunately, the same does not apply to domestic post. There SRs can be posted as a large letter provided the total mass does not exceed 250g and overall thickness does not exceed 20mm.