PIF - Shave-ready T.R. Cadman "Bengall" Shortie Straight Razor (worldwide)

@Garry357 opted for the full-size Bengall. I have now finished preparing it.

1. Penetration dye test for cracks ✓
2. Re-ground the point to remove a lot of the upswept toe (not good for a beginner)
3. Cleaned up the blade with 600, 1k and 2k W&D then triple polished with Autosol.
4. Performed a Sharpie pen test on the bevel and found the edge had a slight frown in it and the heel a small hook.
5. Honed the blade up to remove the frown and hook and give it a shave-ready edge. Finished on diamond pasted balsa.

Tomorrow this blade will be put through its shave test.

If all goes well, I will be able to post it off on Monday to @Garry357 , together with the loan GD66 to @StratMan.

The razor's shave test this morning went very well. The edge passed with colours flying. I think @Garry357 will be suitably pleased with his win.

qqPUHBN.jpg

4dJZhH5.jpg

The blade has now been given a light refresh on 0.1μm diamond pasted balsa (hanging), stropped and polish with Renaissance wax before being packed away for postage tomorrow.

I was going through my SR to-do box and came across a 21mm (7/8) Gold Dollar 66 blade with no scales. Over the next couple of weeks, I will clean this up, make and fit some new timber scales and hone it up to shave-ready. That will probably be my next PIF.

If the P&C admin can create a Straight Razor sub-fourum for repairs and maintenance, I'll start a thread there covering the whole procedure.

I was going through my SR to-do box and came across a 21mm (7/8) Gold Dollar 66 blade with no scales. Over the next couple of weeks, I will clean this up, make and fit some new timber scales and hone it up to shave-ready. That will probably be my next PIF.

If the P&C admin can create a Straight Razor sub-fourum for repairs and maintenance, I'll start a thread there covering the whole procedure.
Just make a new post under Straight Razors, easy enough to move a thread to a new sub-forum later.