Pre shave oil

lgbran

whats the general consensus re pre shave oil? Any homemade recipes?
BTW having an absolute ball shaving with my superslim Adjustable razor getting consistent shaves and quickly becoming my everyday razor

Surplus to requirements for me. With a good lather it's a redundant product. Can also break lather down.

Pre-shave: Oil? Soap? Cream?
There's a few. Most add a bit of slickness to the first (maybe second) pass. Definitely bump up the scent (like Occams pre-shave soap).

Oil hasn't done it for me as well since its not that slick. I've used one or two but just don't cut it.

I've also used Proraso pre/post and that's good for ramping up the menthol of paired with the usual Proraso green. The only other one that's good is the Trumper's skin food. But that's mainly scented glycerin. It's good as a pre or post shave but very exy.

Made some today with rejevenate EO ( mixture of Bergamot, Sandalwood,Rose Geranium,Frankinsense, Lavender,Lime,Lemon,Vetiver) . Castor oil $5:00 for 100 ml EO about$12. No dramas and as smooth as.

Is there any other essential oils that you missed? Must be quite a brew

The EO came premixed. Smells a treat.dont know if I'd use it every shave but with a blade I've used 5 shaves previously with my slim set on 7 for 3 passes and touch up on 1 must admit my smoothest shave yet