Pretty cool english razor on ebay

hilux

Was just looking at ebay and found this auction. However, I couldnt make out the razor. condition looks good,

link

Was just looking at ebay and found this auction. However, I couldnt make out the razor. condition looks good,

British Aristocrat, #21. Rhodium plated, around 74g. A very nice razor.

Indeed.

$130 in fact.

Mark, is that a fair price for that kind of kit?

Yep, not a really good price actually. I have a couple so wasn't bidding.

Anything under $150 is pretty good, in excellent condition with better pics etc you are looking at $150 - $200

Put it this way Jugv2, 3 years ago my price limit was $70, and I never managed to win an ebay auction for one, they normally went for $90+ back then. (#15, #21, #66 was all I was interested in as far as aristocrats). the best I could do was a few different version of the 'rocket', and if the aristocrats are just bling and shave no better than a rocket, aristocrat jnr or hd rocket, then they aren't worth it.
There was a #58 in aus that sold for about $60 back then though, I was tempted, but I bought my 100 year old lather catcher instead for $50-70 (can't remember exactly), and never bothered with an expensive DE again...

Last edited:
those razor prices have really shot thru the roof as of late. do people actually pay those kind of money to use or for collection sake?

those razor prices have really shot thru the roof as of late. do people actually pay those kind of money to use or for collection sake?

Actually they probably peaked (in $A terms) about 12-18 months ago when I was buying more. Now I have a few to sell the prices have dropped off :mad:

Unless they are NOS most collectors do use them - at least occassionally