Proraso

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
I broke out my tube of Proraso today, and realised this is the first cream I bought, along with a tub of TOBS Mr T, over 2 years ago. There's about a week or more of shaves left in there. Not used it daily of course. Like most, I've tried a number of things, found some favourites and have spent a lot of time with soaps the last few months.

But when it starts to warm up outside, I keep going back to Proraso. What's not to like? It's easy to lather for newbs, it shaves great, it cools you down, and you can even pick it up at a local barbers these days, and it's still cheap for what you get. Here in Perth there are no less than 5 places I can think of to get some. Even an IGA has a decent range.

Agreed.

Proraso is awesome as a beginner product, or even in the heat.

No unsightly bikini rash for you Mr Drubbing.

See this is where I would use a smiley but we know your stance.

Himage.com.au are selling the 150ml tubs of eucalyptus + aloe and green tea for $10 each with free postage.

I have no affiliation with himage.com.au. Seemed like a good price for having it delivered to door. :p

Himage.com.au are selling the 150ml tubs of eucalyptus + aloe and green tea for $10 each with free postage.

I have no affiliation with himage.com.au. Seemed like a good price for having it delivered to door. :p

That is pretty good. I much prefer the tubes, and they last far longer if you shelve them for a while which is what I've done.

Whats the shelf life like on soaps in tubs? do they dry out?

I have read a soap tub gets 3-4 months/100 shaves does that sound about right?

They last a long time. I had a tub of Proraso and I gave it away after 18 months. Just didn't use it much, but it worked fine. Just preferred the cream.

Hard soaps will last indefinitely. The scent may go, but they're still fine for shaving.

The amount of shaves you get from a soap will vary, but generally they'll last longer than creams.

If it's not used then it will tend to dry slightly, but when you stick a wet brush on it, it rehydrates...

Depends how heavily you load your brush I guess - I got about 5 months out of a 150ml tub, extremely soft water here.

Agreed.

Proraso is awesome as a beginner product, or even in the heat.

Couldnt agree more - So glad this came with my beginner pack it has made the transition so easy - goes on nicely take it off when the tingle starts - perfect.
Although I am about to go all radical and try out my new Burts Bees Bay Rum soap. Be interesting to see what the differences are.

It was an all Proraso shave this afternoon. Aloe and Green Tea pre-shave, normal Proraso soap followed by the aftershave balm. Weapon of choice was a Gillette Russian Super Plantinum (dark blue) in my Progress. Fantastic shave.

Return to Proraso

After trying akll the lovely stuff you guys ahd sent me, I decided today to return to my original tube of Proraso. Gave it a challenge as there was a 3 day growth to get through.
The stuff remains magic - nice rich lather - wait for the tingle and scrape off the growth. Only had to clean up a couple of patches after. I love the stuff (if only it would smell of Sandelwood)

Cheers

Proraso is my summer stock soap (Tabac in winter, Spring and Autumn I play a bit more). When the weather warms up time for the Proraso!!!

Almost that time of year again for proraso.
Although I noticed one spot that use to have it stocked, doesn't anymore. Pretty sure it was rm71 that told me IGA in gwelup/stirling has it, well they don't anymore... (yes it was there a while back I'll verify, but not there yesterday)
But I've still got some anyway left over, might just use that and cella this summer. Cella seems to mingle well with a fast vanishing royal bay rhum after shave. If not, hit the limes styled colognes and after shaves after proraso.

Last edited:
Almost that time of year again for proraso.
Although I noticed one spot that use to have it stocked, doesn't anymore. Pretty sure it was rm71 that told me IGA in gwelup/stirling has it, well they don't anymore... (yes it was there a while back I'll verify, but not there yesterday).

Sure you're talking about the right IGA - Sanderling St Stirling, not Gwelup. They're on opposite sides of the Freeway. Stirling had enough supplies to last years when I went in a few months back. My worry was it would get too old before they shifted it.

Other places:

Divido barber Floreat Forum
The Barbershop Carr Pl Leedy, near the Leedy.
Re Store Lake St Northbridge. pick up an Omega Pro while you're there.

You might be right. I just had time to kill for an hour in that area, and what you said reminded me, there is two IGAs, one either side of the freeway (gwelup an stirling)...
Have you or anyone else been to the other IGA on the east side of the freeway? I need some proraso, those fascists on the west siiide didn't have any.
Only a year I go I would have known this, being born and raised in the area before the stirling shops were even built. But alas, I live far away in a wooden wonky house now and starting to lose the plot and lots of time and fuel per week.

Last edited:
I always thought you meant Stirling Gate! I know the IGA you are talking about now - I ride past it to work! I might have to check it out!

I always thought you meant Stirling Gate! I know the IGA you are talking about now - I ride past it to work! I might have to check it out!

Sanderling St off Cedric. Google maps is your friend people. They had enough Proraso in there for a B&B "discontinued!!!!" buying frenzy.

Sanderling St off Cedric. Google maps is your friend people. They had enough Proraso in there for a B&B "discontinued!!!!" buying frenzy.

Probably built on top of an old Italian market garden. No wonder Proraso sprung up on the shelves!! :laugh:

Did somebody say Proraso is being discontinued?

MUST but 2 x lifetimes supply just in case