RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day all,

Anybody own the RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush cost nearly $10USD, your feedback would be very interesting and I have very high hope for this brush already on my shopping list ;)

http://www.italianbarber.com/collec...cts/razorock-plissoft-synthetic-shaving-brush

Cheers ;)(y)

DSC_1179_large.jpg
DSC_1181_large.jpg
DSC_1180_large.jpg

Tell us about this brush @nsavage have you got one ;)
Yes I do and it is absolutely fantastic. Definitely one of my favourites! Having said that I also have the Stirling Kong and Stirling 22mm Synthetics and the Shave Revolution "Evolution" Synthetic as well and they are all very good. Value for money wise the Razorock is impossible to beat though in my opinion.

Yes I do and it is absolutely fantastic. Definitely one of my favourites! Having said that I also have the Stirling Kong and Stirling 22mm Synthetics and the Shave Revolution "Evolution" Synthetic as well and they are all very good. Value for money wise the Razorock is impossible to beat though in my opinion.
Would love a comparison between the Stirling Kong and the RR - without taking the price into account...

I have this, as well as the Monster. It feels fantastic, and lathers well. Even with the ridiculous postage from IB it comes in at a good price. Not the amazing bargain that it is in the states but still impressive. This would be a great first brush, although it does need a little tweaking to adjust to the way the synthetics don't hold water.

Plisson is a 22mm knot, at the same loft as the 24mm RR (to my knowledge, around 57mm from memory). I would think that the 22mm RR and the Plisson are virtually identical given the similar specs, provided the glue bumps aren't too much different. Certainly keen for a review though :)

OK so I don't have the Plisson to compare with but here is a quick overview of how I find the ones that I have:

Razorock Plissoft (24mm): Nice dense knot. Nice soft tips with plenty of backbone and perhaps a tad on the stiff side but not so much that it is hard to splay the knot. This brush is a pleasure to use and just seems to work. Handle is a decent medium size. Excellent for face lathering.

Stirling 22mm: Seems denser than the Plissoft. Still has very soft tips but significantly more backbone. Much harder to splay. More control when face lathering due to the size of the knot. Still a very nice brush and would be good for travelling. Handle is a tad small but not an issue for me. Probably more of a face lathering brush than anything else

Stirling Kong 26mm: Big, dense soft knot. Nice amount of backbone although not as much as the Plissoft. Very easy to splay. Very luxurious to use but perhaps leaning towards the top end in terms of size for me. Another lovely brush to use. Handle is big. Good for both face and bowl lathering (if you can find a big enough bowl).

Shave Revolution "Evolution" 24mm: More loft than the Plissoft and doesn't seem to be as dense. Splays very easily but nevertheless a decent amount of backbone which is somewhat similar to the Kong. Lovely soft tips. Handle is a fantastic size and is lovely to use. Excellent all around brush works very well for either face or bowl lathering.

I hope that has helped give some insight. As a general disclaimer I am still learning and perhaps somewhat of a novice wet shaver still. The above opinions are of course my own and as always DSDF.

Many thanks @nsavage - great review!!!

So would you say the Plissoft is a bit springy??? Please come to a Adelaide meet-up and bring the brushes along - really would love to see them in person...

G'day see link below and what is you're judgement I'm still going for the RazoRock Plissoft

Plissoft vs Plisson

Stirling Kong vs RazoRock Plissoft vs L'Occitane Plisson

Last edited:
That's fantastic news!