Razorock Stick Soaps

rbscebu

Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia
I face lather and shave exclusively with a straight razor. I am not normally into many different shave soaps. My regular soaps consist of;

Poraso green (cream),​
Palmolive regular (cream),​
V John mint (cream),​
V John classic (cream),​
ARKO (stick),​
Palmolive (stick),​
Tabac tallow (stick), and​
La Troja (stick).​
A while ago, I was PIFed four Razorock stick from Italy; gold, black, blue and green labels.They sat in my modest soap collection unused as I was quite content with my existing collection. This week I decided to see what these Razorock sticks were like to shave with.

Yesterday and today I shaved with the gold label. Oh what a feeling. This soap was the slickest that I have ever experienced. It lathered easily, however, it did require a lot more water than normal to get it to the consistency that I desire. At about AU$13 each in Australia plus shipping, they are not cheap but I wouldn't mind paying for the performance that this soap is giving me.

As I try the other three, I will report back here.

YMMV I tried the black and Pif it after 2 shaves.
Life is too short to experiment with underperforming products,2-3 tries and out.
Good luck with the soaps,I think I am in the minority,but at 71 I have noticed how my skin reacts to blades and soaps differently now than previously.

I have all of those Razorock sticks. Over the years they came complementary with other purchases from Vshod. Highly recommended.

I liked them so much I bought travelling cases for them on Etsy with Boopidoo Designs. He now has the dimensions if you are interested.

After a week of SR shaving with Razorock gold label, I found that I was very happy with it. It has very good slickness once you add enough water tom your lather. I won't comment on scent as that is a personal matter, however, for me I quite liked it - but then again I like the scernt of ARKO :cautious:.

Here are the four Razorock sticks that I have:
ybYpfVV.jpg

This morning I moved on to my Razorock black label stick. For performance (slickness) this black label was very similar to the gold label, possibly even a little slicker. As for required water, the black label did not require any more than my normal stick soaps. Noticeably less water was required compared to the gold label. This got me thinking, so I compared the ingredients in both soaps. Both soaps have the same major ingredients. It is in the minor ingredients that reveals all.

Gold Label
Black Label
Potassium palmate​
Potassium palmate​
Sodium palmate​
Sodium palmate​
Potassium stearate​
Potassium stearate​
Potassium palm kernelate​
Potassium palm kernelate​
Sodium stearate​
Sodium stearate​
Potassium cocoate​
Potassium cocoate​
Sodium palm kernelate​
Sodium palm kernelate​
Glyserin​
Glyserin​
Aqua​
Aqua​
Fragrance​
Fragrance​
Palm kernel acid​
Palm kernel acid​
Glyceryl caprylate caprate​
Glyceryl caprylate caprate​
Butyrospermum parkii butter​
Butyrospermum parkii butter​
Lanolin​
Lanolin​
Pentasodium pentatate​
Pentasodium pentatate​
Tetrasodium etidronate​
Tetrasodium etidronate​
Alpha isomethyl ionone​
Citral​
Coumarin​
Eugenol​
Citronellol​
Geraniol​
Geraniol​
Hydrocitronellal​
Limonene​
Linalool​
Linalool​
Alpha-hexylcinnamaldehyde​
4-(4-hydroxy-4-methylpentyl) cyclohex-3-enecarbaldehyde​
4-allyl-2-methoxyphenol​
Isoeugemol​
A-isomethylionone​
Oakmoss (evernia prunasti)​
Charcoal powder​

For anyone with even just a basic understanding of chemistry, it becomes quite obvious as to why the black label required less water :smug:.

With my newfound knowledge, I will continue with this soap for the rest of the week.

Last edited: