Recent buys - Myrsol, Epsilon

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
Went for the new Proraso Sandalwood AS, the Myrsol Blue, Balsamic, 200ml of the emulsion and an Epsilon Synth. No idea on the specs on this, but looks like the same fibres EJ uses in my Aesop.
epsilon-silvertip-fibre-shaving-brush-15705.jpg

I bought this lot a while back from G&C and it turned up this week.

The Epsilon is a nice affordable synth. The Plisson is a great performer, but too pricey for what it is. My handle lacquer is stripped and trashed already. I bought it used, and the coating was flaking already.

This Epsilon fibre is very similar to the Jagger brush (which still costs more), possible a bit smaller in knot width, but loft is about the same. No specs available. Definitely a bit firmer than the Jagger. A lot firmer than the Plisson and copies thereof - which isn't hard.

Works like a synth. No complaints at all.

The handle on this is not as nice quality as the pic suggests - it's a cheap plastic, but the shape is good.

Some impressions for the Myrsol fans.

Balsamic Water.
Don't know what to make of this. Smells like I've stuffed my face in a punnet of freshly picked Rosemary and Thyme. Two things I love the smell of to cook with, but not sure if I want my face smelling of it. Like most aftershaves it doesn't last that long, so maybe not an issue.

Myrsol Blue.
Your bog standard "Barbershop" AS. Whatever that is. Kind of subtle flowery and powdery. Couldn't offend anyone, or stand out a great deal. Subtle on the alcohol.

Emulsion.
Just a very good cream balm with menthol.

Proraso Sandalwood and Shea oil
This is new. A very nice warm sandalwood, light on the alcohol, with added oils. One of those you need to be a bit sparing with because the oil will make it spread, or if gets filmy - you can feel it coating your face. Some people like that. This is a nice opposite to Proraso green.

I don't suffer from razor burn or irritation these days, so the healing properties of these are moot for me. The Blue would probably sooth best as the alcohol is more up front.

@Drubbing - I know what you mean regarding the Agua Balsamica. Whilst the herbal notes are very natural, as they use the actual essential oils, it is full on. As you say, it fades fairly quickly, and apparently those around you don't get "bombed" with the Rosemary et al. Myrsol make much of the restorative properties of the herbal oils in this A/S, so I guess the proof will be in longer term benefit.