Reject Shop Shave Cream - Gillette

Garry357

Has anyone tried these. I've seen these today at the Reject Shop Perth $3.50 each. I didn't pick any up. Interested to know if they are any good.

King C Gillette Shaving cream - $3.50
Gillette Pure Shaving cream - $3.50

Has anyone tried these. I've seen these today at the Reject Shop Perth $3.50 each. I didn't pick any up. Interested to know if they are any good.

For what it is and IMO the pure is a great performer with a pleasant light scent. I used this a lot when travelling for work. Lathers up a treat. Good price!
I have no experience with the gel.

For what it is and IMO the pure is a great performer with a pleasant light scent. I used this a lot when travelling for work. Lathers up a treat. Good price!
I have no experience with the gel.
Ok, thanks. I will likely pick up a tube next time.
$3.50 is a good price.

Ok, thanks. I will likely pick up a tube next time.
$3.50 is a good price.
For a drug store product it kinda flys under the radar, hope you like it.
There is a guy on YouTube from Western Australia that used to (maybe still does) post shaving vids. An honest and informative chap when it came to reviewing products IMO, he rated it highly when he tried it and he has tried a lot of soaps/creams. From memory his channel was called Another Cut Above. Pretty sure his video review of the Pure will still be in his back catalogue.

Thanks for the heads-up, i might have to have a look at my local shop.

Just a word of caution though: sometimes products end up at the Reject Shop because they don't meet the manufacturer's quality control standards for some reason. I suspect our LPO/general store of sourcing some of their merchandise from there, and occasionally it shows. So if the product doesn't appear to come up to scratch, that might be why.

Tried the Gillette Pure this morning.

The cream has almost no scent, very light floral.
I didn’t need much however this cream does need a decent amount of water to create volume, and a couple of minutes whip in the bowl to create a full dense rich lather.
Not sure how this will perform for a face latherer. It is very soft probably suited to sensitive skin.
Overall, a good product, very affordable. If you like unscented creams this should be on your list.