Review: Polsilver Super Iridium

My pleasure lads, enjoy. Very worth comparing to the Perma-Sharps if you guys feel inclined to do a side-by-side test.

Hey mong,

bet you thought I'd cut and run :D

Took the Polsilver Iridium Red&Blue out to 5 shaves in the slim.

First shave was a little bit underwhelming as I noted elsewhere but it did turn into a fine blade. I wouldn't say it edges PSS but it certainly impressed my with it's smooth and sharp performance. It's a cut above the mid-road blades like Derby/Astra etc.

I will try polsilver brown next. Thank for the chance to try them :)

I forgot to say cheers for the thoughts mate, and it was my pleasure to splash a few around. I was interested in what you blokes thought of them so I could get a bit of a feel for where they sat in the "quality blade" spectrum, so I'm pleased that the reception has been positive.

I just sent through the cash for my second order of these, as I mentioned in the Gillette SB thread I was sussing out the pack options. I opted for Pack 1 @ $69 shipped, which gets me:

100 Polsilver SI's
100 SI's
1 La Toja stick
1 Musgo Real bath soap

I'm not too fussed about the soaps, but it works out cheaper just factoring in the blades at that price. Seemed to me like I was getting cheaper blades, plus a free shave stick and soap. I'm kinda hoping the Musgo Real soap will be the glycerine one. Seems like the Super Iridium's are getting harder and harder to find, so it might be worthwhile picking some up now if anyone is interested. I sent the seller a message asking about the situation with them, hopefully he'll be up front about what kind of supply he's able to get.

I forgot to say cheers for the thoughts mate, and it was my pleasure to splash a few around. I was interested in what you blokes thought of them so I could get a bit of a feel for where they sat in the "quality blade" spectrum, so I'm pleased that the reception has been positive.

I just sent through the cash for my second order of these, as I mentioned in the Gillette SB thread I was sussing out the pack options. I opted for Pack 1 @ $69 shipped, which gets me:

100 Polsilver SI's
100 SI's
1 La Toja stick
1 Musgo Real bath soap

I'm not too fussed about the soaps, but it works out cheaper just factoring in the blades at that price. Seemed to me like I was getting cheaper blades, plus a free shave stick and soap. I'm kinda hoping the Musgo Real soap will be the glycerine one. Seems like the Super Iridium's are getting harder and harder to find, so it might be worthwhile picking some up now if anyone is interested. I sent the seller a message asking about the situation with them, hopefully he'll be up front about what kind of supply he's able to get.

The la toja stick is pretty good. Several of us did a group buy from a place Gifts & Care in Spain last year for them, and I think all have been impressed with it.

The la toja stick is pretty good. Several of us did a group buy from a place Gifts & Care in Spain last year for them, and I think all have been impressed with it.

It's amazing stuff. If you dont like using a stick, grate it in to a bowl. Or alternatively you can easily sell or trade it. It lathers as good as any tallow based soap. Don't mind the scent either.

La Toya is pretty good. Not unlike Arko but less polarising in smell (just tried in trade with Nick). I think LT lathers easier and creamier too.

Nothing wrong with the Polsilver SI. Very nice, smooth 1st shave. If it gives three or four of these I can't really fault it.

When the Wise Shaver said 'Your kilometrage may vary' he was damn right about it. It's probably my canadian timbeard but I never get a second shave as smooth as the first one with the PSI :-/ The first shave is always smooth but the second is always a bit rough, especially the ATG sideburn area.

How many shaves do you usually get with them in total?