Review: Simpsons Cafe' Latte Shaving Cream

Marlow

is watching you faceterbate...
I received this free from Mark in his give-away.

I love the tin that contains this cream but am a tin lover from way back, but this one is simple yet classy.

On opening it for the first time a very rich aroma was experienced and the next thing that I noticed was that it looked as if someone had scooped out a spoonful,but seeing that my Postie was his usual scruffy self I put this down to the probably turbulent journey to my house.

This cream has a rather different type of aroma which is slightly coffee but not really. I am not sure that I really like it as a fragrance but I do have my own mileage of variance.

So I began and decided to use a bowl so I could take a picture which by the way turned out terribly.

I used the Simpson Chubby for obvious reasons for this.

So I lightly dipped the tip of my Chubby into the cream and lathered furiously in the bowl.
This stuff lathered quickly and easily into a creamy and slippery cloud of white.

The shave was fantastic, the Futur with PermaSharp glided around my face for 3 passes , I had enough lather for about 6 passes. The shave was as smooth as can be, a bloody great shave with no irritation at all.

I would definitely buy this but it would have to be a Sandalwood, Vetiver sort of fragrance as I don't really think I could handle the Cafe' Latte for too long.

Looks great, good review. I would love to try this one as I think coffee as a fragrance works well.

I think Monsta has dibs on this one as he chose it first off but somehow I ended up with it.

But I would gladly share it around as it is bloody nice stuff to shave with.

I had the shave not long ago and can't stop faceterbating,as it feels smooth and moisturised.

A good product.

Nice review mate. I like the idea of a coffee scented cream, but does the scent linger? It'd be too hard smelling coffee all morning, though I'd imagine a short burst during a shave would be invigorating.

I think Monsta has dibs on this one as he chose it first off but somehow I ended up with it.

I was disappointed with my Lavender & Vetiver product, then I shaved with it and changed my mind fairly quickly. Still want to try this one out though, I am quite intrigued but not sure I would want to splash the cash on a whole one.

I had the shave not long ago and can't stop faceterbating

And there's the custom title... :whistle:

Last edited:
Well to me it is not really coffee, but I roast my own etc but it is a bit of a rich smell of sorts and if I use my imagination I can detect a subtle hint of coffee...ish, milk...ishness.

It doesn't linger for long.

I would buy the cream again definitely but not coffee, this is so hard to explain.

You see, Monsta has dibs and rightly so but I wonder if it would be ok to put a tea spoonful in a tub and send it to the pass around box, which I am not in, but at least those who are curious could get a sniff.

I am going to use it a few more times as these were my first impressions.

I was disappointed with my Lavender & Vertiver product, then I shaved with it. Still want to try this one out though, I am quite intrigued but not sure I would want to splash the cash on a whole one.

And there's the custom title... :whistle:
Wow, thanks Monsta, once again.

The Gentry are so kind.

Second shave with this cream today and I can smell the Coffee.

I used the little butterscotch brush with face lathering and I nearly lost it in all the lather.

Amazing lather, though I may have poked the brush in a bit too hard.

I used the new feather AC-ss for the first time so it was slow going .

I find it to be a very good product so far.

I have had two more shaves with this cream and all I can say is that is bloody good stuff, rich and creamy and a lather monster.

The last 2 shaves I used my recently obtained Feather AC-SS and with the cream there was no problems except me being very slow and cautious, the stuff works really well.

I couldn't use it everyday from now on as I prefer to drink my coffee I have decided. This is not to say that this scent is in any way

bad just different.

The cream is fantastic stuff in my opinion and I will definitely but some.