Rolls Razor

So six years later!
My original RR was an Imperial no2 and pretty worn out. I never did replace the strop but about three years ago I found a newer Viscount model with a good strop but broken hone stone. About a year later I swapped the hone from the Imperial into the Viscount and swapped the blade guard and created one very nice complete Viscount set.
I honed and stropped the blade only to discover that I could not get the blade sharp enough for a decent shave. I put it away for another couple of years.
Just recently @bald as (thank you) offered to hone the blade for me while he was doing my lather catcher blades, while he had it a put some mink oil on the strop and cleaned up the machine.
So today after a long wait I finally got a decent shave from a Rolls Razor. While I was a little nervous of using the very sharp blade there was no need, it was a very smooth shave and I never felt like I was going to cut myself. If anything I would perhaps liked it to be little sharper as I found myself going back for some touch ups.
Now it will be interesting to see if I can maintain the blade using the Vicount set.
All in all, well worth the wait.

I love the Rolls Razor.... and yet I still have to shave properly with one. I have owned them, I have restored them and I have sold them, but only once have I used one.

I have recently purchased a very nice Viscount RR, sadly the stone is broken (which is the condition 80% of these razors are in) but I am sure I will find a replacement somewhere in my workshop. Regular straight-razor wet-shavers who've used them swear by them, so the day will come for me to give them a proper go.

I love the Rolls Razor.... and yet I still have to shave properly with one. I have owned them, I have restored them and I have sold them, but only once have I used one.

I have recently purchased a very nice Viscount RR, sadly the stone is broken (which is the condition 80% of these razors are in) but I am sure I will find a replacement somewhere in my workshop. Regular straight-razor wet-shavers who've used them swear by them, so the day will come for me to give them a proper go.
I hope it's not too long before you get to have a proper RR shave.
With mine I was able to transfer the stone from an Imperial to a Viscount with no trouble so finding a replacement shouldn't be too tricky.